This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems landing after the new update HS748

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlaycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems landing after the new update HS748
    Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:02pm

Hi all

I appear to have a problem with this airplane and the latest update. 

The airplane flies well but I can’t get it to land properly.  It just bounces down the runway even at very low speeds.

If I finally get it to stop bouncing and stop the airplane, then try to take off again the airplane will simply not accelerate enough to get to take of speed.

I removed the sp2 and went back to SP1 and the airplane is working fine again.

I also have issues with uninstalling the add on.  Windows 7 says unable to open some file so I have to simply delete the folders from P3d.  I don’t think this is a problem just a little annoying.

Thanks in advance if you can help

Bob

keithb77 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithb77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:45am
You have to land REALLY slow to avoid the bounce ... 85-90 KTS
Generally landing is problematic.
I suspect the air file got left out of the SP2 update?
Cheers
Keith
keithb77 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithb77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:16pm
Update: the aircraft.cfg file had cruise_lift_scalar=2.2 in the [flight_tuning] section, up from 1.0 in SP1
I changed that down to 1.6 and think it's much better, just one little skip...maybe a lower number would get rid of that.
Think the change was made to get a lower AOA when cruising, so didn't want to go any lower.
Cheers
Keith
rlaycock View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlaycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:57pm
Thanks
I will give that a try tonight.
Bob
rlaycock View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlaycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 7:12am
Hi Keith
I gave your suggestion a try and it certainly helped with the bouncing on landing.
However still, after tacking off completing a circuit and landing I tried to take off again with full throttle and full revs the airplane only reached around 40  knots at the end of Wellington runway.  (I can get a Boeing 747 to take of easy on this runway)
Thanks for the suggestion and hopefully it can be fixed.  
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 9:17am
We have uploaded a new version of the product. Please download the latest version of the product from your account.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 9:44am
What I noticed is that you can fly it with full throttle  in level flight  and it will never overspeed.
tony
FV
rlaycock View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlaycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

We have uploaded a new version of the product. Please download the latest version of the product from your account.

Thanks
Martyn

Wow, thanks, that was quick.
With the new install (105) I can report that I just completed a flight from NZTG to NZAA, landed without bouncing, taxied to the end of the runway, turned around gave it full throttle, reached take off speed as normal, took of with no issues.

Well done to you guys

Thanks again for your support.

Bob
flugkapitan911 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flugkapitan911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 9:59pm
Thank you, Martyn.

Cheers,
Scott
"Now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic