This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SP2 3rd party painters fix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeansy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SP2 3rd party painters fix
    Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 6:20am
Hey Guys

If you have painted the 748, you will now notice your paints wont work

this is the fix

• you will need to copy the 3 fuselage files than paste them in to the folder
  • then rename the -copy files to
  1. HS748_FuseAOP_t                 (nose)
  2. HS748_FuseBOP_t                 (mid section)
  3. HS748_FuseCOP_t                 (rear section
then each of those file you will need to replace the alpha channel to match the side strip, Im finding the alpha that is supplied with the new textures in SP2 doesnt match the window strip, so at the moment im trying various shades of grey to blend it in.

once I find the grey that blends with the window strip I will post a screen shot so you can save it and use it as an alpha channel your self

now comes the fun of redoing all the files and then re uploading Angry
Matt
Painter @ https://www.facebook.com/thyhanger - The Hanger
Or http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/pro/11700-jeansy//&=downloads_ - All my Repaints
Crankpin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crankpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 6:28am
Thanks for that jeansy, I've only have 10 to do ... you have a few more :)  but I'm grateful for the head start on the fixes.

Cheers
John
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:21am
Hi chaps,

As per the service pack notes on the support page, this service pack includes various changes to the textures/mapping etc. 

We'll be updating the paint kit and associated notes shortly.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
jeansy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeansy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Crankpin Crankpin wrote:

Thanks for that jeansy, I've only have 10 to do ... you have a few more :)  but I'm grateful for the head start on the fixes.

Cheers
John

I found the best grey to use as an alpha channel, I will post it later as its getting late tonight

fingers crossed we will have all our paints back up and running in a few days as the process is quite simple once set up, ive already knocked over a few tonight and should have the rest done later in the week.
Matt
Or http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/pro/11700-jeansy//&=downloads_ - All my Repaints
jeansy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeansy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi chaps,

As per the service pack notes on the support page, this service pack includes various changes to the textures/mapping etc. 

We'll be updating the paint kit and associated notes shortly.

Thanks
Martyn

Cheers, however its not really going to help for the ones already done, but will come in handy in the future

May I ask who was the model dev who forwarded it to you guys, I have a fair idea who it was I just want to confirm it, PM will be fine if you dont want to make a public post and happy to share the infomation
Matt
Timmy74 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmy74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:38pm
Any updates on this issue!?!?

This aircraft is becoming a real joke!  

The third party paints work fine at first but the aircraft is ! Then the aircraft gets a fix but breaks the the third party paints!?!?

Will it ever be worth the cost!?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 1:09pm
Hi Tim,

Some of the textures and mapping changed with the service pack and a new paint kit was then issued (available on the support page). We are currently working on an improved paint kit with additional layers etc.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Timmy74 Timmy74 wrote:

Any updates on this issue!?!?

This aircraft is becoming a real joke!  

The third party paints work fine at first but the aircraft is ! Then the aircraft gets a fix but breaks the the third party paints!?!?

Will it ever be worth the cost!?

Probably not until they can get a Dart to behave like a Dart, not a PT6. 

I thought engine fixes were supposed to be part of the update before the one before last? 
Timmy74 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmy74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 8:50pm
Hello Martyn,

Problem is you may burnt to many people with this one...!? 

Its coming up to six months of a product that is not fixed, cheap and well below average!  

The question now is... With this new "improved paint kit" will it be compatible to the current third party paints? Or will the painters have to do their paints again?

Apologies for sounding cranky but I have bitten my tongue for far too long on this release... 

Just a little disappointed.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 7:42am
Quote that is not fixed

The latest SP should have fixed all of the remaining bugs that were reported to us. If that is not the case, or you have found a new bug, then please report it to the support team so that they are able to get it fixed.

Quote With this new "improved paint kit" will it be compatible to the current third party paints? Or will the painters have to do their paints again?

They will have to modify any repaints to work with the latest version of the software. It is not possible to create a paint kit which will allow people to use earlier repaints on a re-mapped model. We try to avoid altering mapping as much as possible for this reason but in some cases it is unavoidable when addressing bugs reported by customers. In those instances, we update the liveries included in the product and issue a new paint kit with notes explaining the changes that need to be made. 

Quote Just a little disappointed

If you are not enjoying the product then I'd recommend contacting the customer service team and they can provide an exchange or refund.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Timmy74 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmy74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 10:34am

"If you are not enjoying the product then I'd recommend contacting the customer service team and they can provide an exchange or refund."

Sweet! Ill give it a go! 

However, I will not hold my breath because you (JF) would no give me a refund on the DC-3 nor Viscount when I asked for it!!!

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 12:03pm
I can't comment on the specifics of those cases but it's very rare for a refund not to be possible if you have purchased a product directly from our website.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
TooMuchFS View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooMuchFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 11:27pm
Eeek - I've just returned from a time away to find emails about 'your textures' don't work'! Reading the above I see why!

I am at a loss however as to how to use the new 'temporary' paintkit to make my older work run on SP2 v1.06.

Does any one have a sequence they can post before I lose what little hair I have left?Cry

Peter
charliebravo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charliebravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 10:58pm
Hi,

I noted your explanation as to how to fix the black fuselage issue with 3rd party repaints using the updated JF HS-748 FSX aircraft.

I am able to do the re-naming of the 3 fuselage textures as you described, can I kindly ask if you have solved the problem with the Alpha Channel not matching the windows?

If I can be very honest with you I don't have any experience as to what an Alpha channel is and how it can be adjusted for use within a texture set for an FSX aircraft.

If at all possible, could you upload a version of this Alpha file Just Flight HS 748 (Service Pack 2) to Avsim or this forum if you are allowed to do so. Alternatively could you provide a link to such a file?

A a novice to repainting, is a single alpha channel file used or is there more than one with or without different names>

I hope you can help as I have a few good quality repaints for the JF HS748 that I presently can't use.

Many thanks for your time and help.

Regards

Canalguna View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canalguna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:52pm
Was the updated paintkit released already?
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charliebravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 11:54am
Not sure about that.

Sorry to say, even if I was presented with an updated paint kit, I would have no idea how to use it. I have never attempted creating a user repaint for any FSX aircraft.

The limit of my understanding is that it is the alpha channel that need adjusting, so that the strip along the length of the windows dosn’t show as a black band.

If someone could provide a step by step guide as to how to make this adjustment, that would be very helpful.

If it the case that the same “alpha channel” works for all the Justflight HS 748 pre-service pack 2 user relpaints, if this alpha channel file can be uploaded, that would be great.

I don’t know if the alpha channel is a separate texture file, or it is integral within other textures needed for an aircraft texture set
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charliebravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 11:58am
Not sure about that.

Sorry to say, even if I was presented with an updated paint kit, I would have no idea how to use it. I have never attempted creating a user repaint for any FSX aircraft.

The limit of my understanding is that it is the alpha channel that need adjusting, so that the strip along the length of the windows dosn’t show as a black band.

If someone could provide a step by step guide as to how to make this adjustment, that would be very helpful.

If it the case that the same “alpha channel” works for all the Justflight HS 748 pre-service pack 2 user relpaints, if this alpha channel file can be uploaded, that would be great.

I don’t know if the alpha channel is a separate texture file, or if it is integral within other textures needed for an aircraft texture set. Maybe some one can help with my lack of knowledge on this subject.

The worst case scenario would be to simply delete all of my third party repaints and forget about them. It would however be much better to work out way to fix the texture problems.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Regards to all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic