This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Still wont start!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still wont start!
    Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 4:27pm
Come on JF, this is crazy! No matter what people say about "working together with the support to fix the problem"! Thats nonsens! The PA-28 does not start WHAT ever I do, WHY? I have read the manual, watched the videos, bla bla... the only thing that happens when I load up the plane is a bar at the top telling me "panelstate restored" ! And no matter what/how I try, the engine wont start! There MUST be a fix for this! (or an answer/fix form this!!!) And I am not the only one for sure having this problem! This should be solved by now with SP2 and everything!
Its such a shame on one of the absolutley most beautiful planes for FSX, period!
Fix this! ASAP!!!!!!!!
regards
Pelle
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 7:23pm
Hi Pelle,

Did you contact our support team? http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
iflygary View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iflygary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 1:59am
Originally posted by buspelle buspelle wrote:

Come on JF, this is crazy! No matter what people say about "working together with the support to fix the problem"! Thats nonsens! The PA-28 does not start WHAT ever I do, WHY? I have read the manual, watched the videos, bla bla... the only thing that happens when I load up the plane is a bar at the top telling me "panelstate restored" ! And no matter what/how I try, the engine wont start! There MUST be a fix for this! (or an answer/fix form this!!!) And I am not the only one for sure having this problem! This should be solved by now with SP2 and everything!
Its such a shame on one of the absolutley most beautiful planes for FSX, period!
Fix this! ASAP!!!!!!!!
regards
Pelle

Pelle,
Hopefully your issue is being or has been sorted out.  In the meantime if it hasn't,  uninstall the Arrow from your Control panel, programs, install/uninstall feature, then do a computer restart.  After your system has been restarted then install the Arrow again with the latest service pack. I know this is a temporary fix but it should at least get you back in the air.

Gary
buspelle View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 4:38am
Dear Martyn!
Conact the support? Yes ofcourse I can do that, but for what purpose? this is not a hardware issue, this is bug inte plane! Not rocketscience, It cant be! And others having this issue would for sure be happy to read about a solution for this frustrating problem here in the forum, right? this is not criticism, not about the product it self! Its beyond words, Stunning! But this problem makes this beauty collect dust and bird droppings in the hangar! So PLEASE, there HAS to be a problem somewhere in the installer, or God knows. But fix this now please! Sen me a new installerpackage maybe? or what ever, i want to FLY this awesome plane!
Regards
Pelle
buspelle View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 4:52am
...This is what happens. I spend 2 hours yesterday trying everything fix this without luck! I load the plane at the rwy/or parikng The engine runs at first but the emeditaly shuts down, and the bar at the top of the screen says: "panelstate restored" (???) And then she is impossible to start! the starter spins the propeller, but the engine wont fire up! I have tried the "reday for takeoff" from the meny, no luck! read the manual inside and out. No luck, watched all videos about how to start. No luck! I mean, how hard could it be? I am not trying to start or do a takeoff in a TU-154! Its a PA-28! So please!...
alehead View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 6:24am
Uninstall the aircraft and remove any traces such as folders that are not automatically removed by the uninstaller. It sounds to me like there are remnants of a previous version that may have been changed and are interfering with the latest version. You may even have problems resulting from your fsx/p3d install...
Such things can be but are not forcibly problems with the addon alone. A number of problems can result from errors in the base install of fsx. It would appear that your issues with the Arrow are unique to you, which would imply something is wrong with your setup, otherwise a larger number of users would be posting that they have the same problem...

Ranting and shouting (!!!!) will not help you...

Andrew
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:15am
Pelle,

We do our best to provide solutions to issues on the forum but this is not a support forum and for more complex issues such as the one you are encountering, you need to contact our support team.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
buspelle View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:56am
Originally posted by alehead alehead wrote:

Uninstall the aircraft and remove any traces such as folders that are not automatically removed by the uninstaller. It sounds to me like there are remnants of a previous version that may have been changed and are interfering with the latest version. You may even have problems resulting from your fsx/p3d install...
Such things can be but are not forcibly problems with the addon alone. A number of problems can result from errors in the base install of fsx. It would appear that your issues with the Arrow are unique to you, which would imply something is wrong with your setup, otherwise a larger number of users would be posting that they have the same problem...

Ranting and shouting (!!!!) will not help you...

Andrew

Andrew, at least four people here at the forum (if You browse it) have/had the same starting problem as I, so im am not allone. And if You google around You will find a bunch more!
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:07am
There are removal progs you can download which remove all traces.
 Try loading a simple plane which you know will start. Start the engine, then change the plane.
johnep
johnep
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 10:35am
Taking everything out that happens as part of the program or is what you are doing, what we are left with is:

Originally posted by buspelle buspelle wrote:

...This is what happens.  the starter spins the propeller, but the engine wont fire up!

That sounds very much like fuel is not getting to the engine, and can be replicated very easily by having any one of the fuel items incorrect. It is worth you going through the following step by step because if, at the end of it, you still cannot start the aircraft you will be able to tell the support team the steps you have taken:

Use the refill menu first, refill everything and recharge the battery so you are starting from a good position.

Select one or other of the fuel tanks via the rotary switch on the left sidewall by the rudder pedals.

Move the mixture lever out of the cut-off position and then push it fully forward.

Turn on the battery, alternator and fuel pump (the first three switches from the left behind the throttle quadrant).

Look at the fuel gauge - at this point, after a short pause the needle should move from horizontal down to a reading of about 5.

The important question - Does the needle move?

If yes, you should be able to start the aircraft. If you can't when fuel is confirmed as flowing, you will need to talk to the support team.

If the needle does not move, then somewhere there is a problem (knowing how strangely FS can work, possibly with the way your default flight is set up - that is not a criticism of you but of the many unseen variables which MS allowed to be altered without defaulting back to the correct position when FS is restarted). Again, talk to the support team.

However it works out, explaining what you are actually seeing will get the best and quickest response, just saying 'it doesn't work - fix it' gives us absolutely no clue as to where the problem lies because we cannot see the problem so don't know where to start looking.
BBCM View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:05pm
I was having this exact same problem, not being able to start. The plane would
load with engine running, and then I would get a green panel notice, something 
about changing to the previous panel state (I could not quite catch it), and
the engine would come to a stop. 

What the problem seems to be, at least in my case,  is that the plane is loading 
with a saved cockpit state of "Engine Maintenance On", and low oil and/or low fuel 
and/or low battery charge. And nothing I try seems to be able to remove this saved 
cockpit state.

The quick work around is to go into the Refill Menu and add oil, add gas and charge 
the battery (I do all of them just too cover the bases). I can then click the ready to 
fly option, or click the start cold and dark option and go through the start up 
sequence (it's pretty easy, only a few button clicks). Either way, the plane then 
starts up just fine and stays running.

What I was wondering before I put in a support ticket, is there a way to save a new 
cockpit state where Engine Maintenance is off, oil and fuel are filled and the battery 
is charged, and the plane loads running and stays running? Or is this just the way the
plane model is, and you have to do this oil fill/fuel fill/battery recharge routine each time? 

Other than this start up routine, the plane is really fun to fly.

Thanks - Rob 

buspelle View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:13am
Originally posted by BBCM BBCM wrote:

I was having this exact same problem, not being able to start. The plane would
load with engine running, and then I would get a green panel notice, something 
about changing to the previous panel state (I could not quite catch it), and
the engine would come to a stop. 

What the problem seems to be, at least in my case,  is that the plane is loading 
with a saved cockpit state of "Engine Maintenance On", and low oil and/or low fuel 
and/or low battery charge. And nothing I try seems to be able to remove this saved 
cockpit state.

The quick work around is to go into the Refill Menu and add oil, add gas and charge 
the battery (I do all of them just too cover the bases). I can then click the ready to 
fly option, or click the start cold and dark option and go through the start up 
sequence (it's pretty easy, only a few button clicks). Either way, the plane then 
starts up just fine and stays running.

What I was wondering before I put in a support ticket, is there a way to save a new 
cockpit state where Engine Maintenance is off, oil and fuel are filled and the battery 
is charged, and the plane loads running and stays running? Or is this just the way the
plane model is, and you have to do this oil fill/fuel fill/battery recharge routine each time? 

Other than this start up routine, the plane is really fun to fly.

Thanks - Rob 

Excatly Bob. Thats spot on what You describe here, the sequence what happens when loading the plane.

regards
Pelle
Aussie157 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 7:00am
I had a similar problem with SP2.1. After uninstalling I checked the SimObjects/Airplanes folder and found that the aircraft folder was still there. I deleted this folder and re-installed the Arrow and I can start the aircraft now.

To me it appears that some people DO NOT check the Airplanes folder after they use the Control Panel to uninstall the aircraft. I discovered that the aircraft's folder still existed after the uninstall with a Panel folder inside. Inside that panel folder was a PanelSave folder. I deleted the aircraft's folder and all is well now.

Cheers
Pat
Cheers
Pat

Some people appear positively brilliant. Then they open their mouth to speak.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 7:50am
Quote What I was wondering before I put in a support ticket, is there a way to save a new 

Within the panel folder is a file called 'JF_PA28R.cfg'. That file (which can be opened using Notepad) contains an entry called 'DISABLE_FAILURES'. If that is set to =1 then engine maintenance is disabled and neither oil or battery usage will occur. 

Please try uninstall the product, make sure that no files remain as per Pat's post above, install the latest version of the product and then check that the 'DISABLE_FAILURES' and 'DISABLE_STATESAVE' are set to =1.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
buspelle View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:02am
Thanks Martyn!
"Within the panel folder is a file called 'JF_PA28R.cfg'. That file (which can be opened using Notepad) contains an entry called 'DISABLE_FAILURES'."
...My Gosh, finaly and at last the solution arrives! Now it works like a charm!
And as i said before, this is by far the best looking GA for FSX! Thanks JF! looking forward to the T-tail!... if she will be able to start... (just kidding...)
Thanks again!
Best regards
Pelle
BBCM View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:34pm
Thank you Martyn and Pat. Yes, that did the trick. - Rob
Scottjg1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottjg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 7:03am
Hi,
I have just purchased the piper arrow and installed it yesterday (p3dv4) and am having identical issues!
I have uninstalled/reinstalled, however the engine no start problem is still there.
Regards
John
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 8:36am
Hi John,

Please submit a support ticket so we can investigate - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic