This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel consumption bug?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richcam427 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel consumption bug?
    Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 5:14am
So I re-purchased the 10-40 series with the new service packs finally being released. Got a chance to fly my first flight today, and I found something alarming.

Short flight with the DC-8-12 from KATL to KTPA, about 400 nm. Total fuel needed was around 3000 gallons, plus some for contingency. I filled each main tank up with 800 gallons of fuel (Center 1 - Main 1, Center 2 - Main 2, External 1 - Main 3, External 2 - Main 4 as noted in the aircraft.cfg and verified with the VC gauges). All main tank levers were switched on throughout the flight, and all crossfeeds were off. Main tank boost pumps were on, alternate tank boost pumps were off. When I started my descent into Atlanta, I found that the 3rd and 4th engine main tanks were empty, with main 1 and 2 feeding. 

I added a bit of fuel to each tank and saw that main 3 and 4 would feed while 1 and 2 would not. No matter how I set up the crossfeeds and boost pumps, it seems the fuel system would not act according to what should be happening. It seems that in general, 3 and 4 always fed before 1 and 2.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 7:38am
Hi Cameron,

Please contact the support team and they'll investigate this for you.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic