This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mixture leaning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VincentLafortune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mixture leaning
    Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 2:20am
Evening all,

Quick question: which way you guys have found best to lean the PA-28R. I've read a lot of different reports on the subject from real-world Arrow pilots. Do you use the EGT gauge to reach max EGT then decrease by 100 degrees, or you proceed like in, say, a 172 and lean until you get max RPM? I don't see how the latter technique would work since the Arrow III is a fixed-pitch so the RPM are set with the prop level. I'm a real-world 172 pilot but I'm confused with this one, sorry if this question is really silly.

Any insight would really be appreciated!

Thank you very much,

Vincent

P.S.: Awesome plane, just sad there is only one engine sound pretty much for all RPM until 1500 :)
alehead View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 7:18am
As far as the sounds are concerned, an additional thread refers to changes being made to the engine model. The sounds will be redone to match this new model and that all this is currently in the works.
With regard to leaning a constant-speed propeller engine, my belief as non-pilot is to lean to 50 degrees of peak egt or by ear, going on my experience in the addons from other developers.

A
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic