This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Trains > JT General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confusion With South Devon Mainline Scenario

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confusion With South Devon Mainline Scenario
    Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 8:21am
Hi

So I have the following installed into TS 2017:

JT Western Mainlines
JT WM Oxford-Bicester Extension
JT South Devon Mainline
JT Voyager
JT Class 153 & Totham
JT Class 67

I am trying to play the following scenario:

SDML (JT Class 67) Long Haul South 

The scenario tells me I need the following installed:

JT Voyager (I have this installed)
JT Class 67 (I have this installed)
Class 153 
Class 143

I assume because the Class 153 and 143 does not have "JT" before it, then it's a steam add-on?

Well, looking on Steam store this is no Class 153 add-on available, and class 143 is just a livery addon.

When I try to launch the scenario it fails because it can't find "JT IWB" (which appears to be various goods wagons).

What is JT IWB?  Which add-on does that come with?  Is it an add-on that is not listed in the scenario requirements?

Can JT please clear this confusion up for me.  Exactly what add-ons (and are they JT or Steam) do I actually need to have installed to play this scenario?

I also have to express my frustration at the number of scenarios that require additional purchases from either JT or Steam in order to play.  To play all the scenarios I have to spend a lot of additional money. 

Myrm
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Myrm Myrm wrote:

Hi

So I have the following installed into TS 2017:

JT Western Mainlines
JT WM Oxford-Bicester Extension
JT South Devon Mainline
JT Voyager
JT Class 153 & Totham
JT Class 67

I am trying to play the following scenario:

SDML (JT Class 67) Long Haul South 

The scenario tells me I need the following installed:

JT Voyager (I have this installed)
JT Class 67 (I have this installed)
Class 153 
Class 143

I assume because the Class 153 and 143 does not have "JT" before it, then it's a steam add-on?

Well, looking on Steam store this is no Class 153 add-on available, and class 143 is just a livery addon.

When I try to launch the scenario it fails because it can't find "JT IWB" (which appears to be various goods wagons).

What is JT IWB?  Which add-on does that come with?  Is it an add-on that is not listed in the scenario requirements?

Can JT please clear this confusion up for me.  Exactly what add-ons (and are they JT or Steam) do I actually need to have installed to play this scenario?

I also have to express my frustration at the number of scenarios that require additional purchases from either JT or Steam in order to play.  To play all the scenarios I have to spend a lot of additional money. 

Hi there

The best way to get help on something like this, if you've not already sorted, is to send a ticket into our support team via www.justtrains.net/support/contact.  The guys there will be able to assist you.

On the scenarios - thing is they are bonus content, if they weren't included the route would cost the same price.  Some scenarios can be done using default stock, some require JT add-ons, some require third party add-ons.  We never used to include them it was after requests and thought on our side that we started including more of them to allow users the choice of using them if they had the requisite stock. 

I hope that helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic