This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My thoughts on SP2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My thoughts on SP2
    Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 5:48pm
Hi All,

I just released a video covering what I think about the new SP2. I believe some interesting points were made, hopefully it will be helpful to JF and potential buyers of the aircraft!

Max
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 10:46pm
Hi Max,

Regarding the ground friction - age old FS problem as referenced by many many threads elsewhere (e.g.
http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?257242-Great-news-Unrealistic-ground-friction-in-FSX-now-cured-!!
https://fsdispatch.wordpress.com/2013/01/12/ground-friction-solution-for-fsx/   )

Basically, there are external workarounds but if you don't use them then there will always be a disparity between handling in the take-off / landing runs and the low-speed taxying. For example, if I were to increase the rolling friction within the airfile to a level which gave the appropriate power settings for taxying then there would be no need for brakes because the aircraft would stop itself in a ridiculously short space.

The fixes suggested in those threads (the FSUIPC LUA edit) certainly make a difference on the sideways movement straight out of the box, though not as effective on the straight line with addition of power. That's about all I can say on it for now, if I can find a way around it that can be entirely contained within the Arrow's fde then it will see the light of day at some point, probably after the Turbo Arrow release (I'll be bearing this in mind whilst working on those files).

Cheers,
Paul.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 7:53am
Hi Max,

Thanks for posting the video. I'm glad that you are enjoying it aside from a couple of the niggles that you've mentioned.

The sound/prop RPM issue is being looked into with TSS, the producers of the sound-set. Here is my post on the existing thread in this forum regarding the sounds:

Quote SP2 includes an updated sound cfg file which was provided to us by TSS following their assessment of all the customer feedback that was collated and sent to them following release. I'll continue to send them any feedback to see if further improvements can be made, but unfortunately I lack enough knowledge about sound-sets to take a look myself.

I'll be posting updates regarding that work here on the forum.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
mlb406 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 6:00pm
Martyn,

Thanks for replying. It has been lovely flying this aircraft so far and I'm looking forward to seeing it completely fixed up.

Max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic