This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just obsevations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just obsevations
    Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 12:20pm
Having just purchased the Hawk1 yesterday and taken it for its first flight I would like to make a few observations which are based on having just completed doing major servicings on Hawk T1's AT Boscombe Down for the last three years.

1)The parking brake should be raised to apply the brakes, not lowered.
2)The rear white nave light (which mine doesn't work) should be located on the right hand side of the panel, not in the middle.
3)The black repaints do not conform to reality. The aircraft I have been working on in real life are a much deeper black and a lot more polished, even when they started their servicing after flying with the same paint job for the last ten years. I am not a repainter but the black repaints are just not right.
I would like to think I am not a rivet counter or an obsessive for fact and these are "observations" only if another service pack is ever deemed necessary.
P.S Have I missed a trick with the nosewheel steering which doesn't work for me?

Regards Paul Day.
paul day
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 2:27pm
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the feedback.
As the real Hawk doesn't have nosewheel steering, you need to enable it via the config tool.
paul day View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 7:07pm
Hi Rich
Thanks for the prompt assistance. While I'm here just one more "observation". On the aircraft I have recently worked on the left hand flip up frequency card should have a stopwatch fitted instead of the card, and same for the rear cockpit.

Regards Paul Day.
paul day
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 7:18pm
Hi Paul,
What I have come to learn having produced a few RAF aircraft now is that no two cockpits are ever exactly alike...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic