This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this a memory issue?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igglebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this a memory issue?
    Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 11:58pm
Hi,

Just took advantage of the excellent offer on the Just Flight Web site.  Lovely stuff, thank you.  I picked up the Constellation, BAe146, Tristar, Canberra and Hawk.  The Canberra is trickier to land than I was expecting!

I have an issue with the Hawk.  I suspect I haven't got the computer oomph to use it.  I have 8GB of RAM and integrated graphics.  I manage to use the JF Tornado without issue, so just assumed the Hawk would be okay.  The image below is what I get when selecting the Hawk.

Does this look like a reduced memory version of the a/c?

Cheers and happy simming.
Rob
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:12am
That's not the Hawk cockpit at all - something definitely wrong there! I've no idea what could be  causing it, hopefully a wiser head than mine will pop in and help you out!

The Canberra is quite easy to land once you get used to it, but it does have some pecuiliar quirks. Best bet is to get it set up early; flaps on downwind, they take 15 seconds and need full forward trim so if you're trying to juggle them with maintaining a glidepath on finals you will have problems. they also give a lot of drag, so no low circuits and keep your RPM high. If you fly it often enough, you'll get used to the offset visual position, I think the only other thing is watch your fuel management as you can end up with some extreme CG situations if you use the wrong tanks.

Paul.
igglebert View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igglebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 8:34am
Thanks Paul. Some nice tips on the Canberra there. I used to know a PR9 pilot from Marham. I remember him saying it wasn't an easy one to fly. Makes the purchase all the better!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 9:31am
I've no idea what cockpit that is, but it's not from our Hawk. Perhaps you also have a freeware version of some kind of Hawk installed?
Select "Just Flight" from the manufacturer list and locate it that way.
igglebert View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igglebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:18am
Morning.  Thanks for responding on a weekend!

I checked to make sure it's the JF Hawk and it is.  I've uninstalled and installed again to get the same result.  I've monitored system memory and float at around 40% usage.  I've tried changing to different airfields, all default, same problem.  Weird!  All of the other JF packs I've bought work perfectly.

Perhaps I'll pull FSXSE off and start from scratch.
mlb406 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 11:18am
Igglebert,

Do you have any other freeware/payware hawk installed? Have you tried other liveries with the same result?

I suspect there may be some mix-up of files here, so here's an image with some helpers.

Hope this helps, if not report back and I'm sure someone else can help!

Max
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 11:21am
'Integrated graphics' concerned me, but your memory usage seems okay and if you can run the Tornado and Canberra, the Hawk should be less resource-intensive and you shouldn't be having problems.

Have you tried re-downloading the Hawk from your account in case something went wrong there?
Install by selecting 'Run as administrator' is always a good habit as well.

If that doesn't work, I'd set up a ticket with the support team straight away, they'll get you sorted!

Cheers,
Paul.
igglebert View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igglebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 11:56am
Thanks Max.  My configs look identical to those shown.  It does sound like a mix up of files but I can't put my finger on it as I simply haven't spent the time understanding exactly how FSX hangs together.  I've added a lot of freeware over time, but never a Hawk.

Thanks Paul.  I seem to do quite well on a new Kabylake laptop!  I need to build a desktop though as I fancy P3D!  I'll try downloading the software again, but given that it's an install binary I can't see how anything can go wrong there whilst still installing okay.  I'll try install as admin too, but I think it did that anyway.

Before I get as far as a support ticket, I'll have to pull FSXSE off and start again.  Annoying but such is life when so many add-ons are freeware and not tested as proper releases.
226OCU View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 226OCU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 12:08pm
Hi,

Fascinating!

If you go to Views-> View Mode -> Outside-> Locked Spot....what do you see?
Rick
igglebert View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igglebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 5:30pm
I see a beautiful Hawk!
igglebert View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igglebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 6:04pm
Fresh install of FSX/SE followed by Hawk install.  Can't help but think this is a display resources issue.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 8:03am
That problem is typically caused by the copy-protection system failing. If you haven't already done so, please submit a support ticket.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
igglebert View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igglebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 2:57pm
Thanks Martyn. I'll try downloading it again from scratch first.
igglebert View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igglebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 9:17pm
Hi.  I've uninstalled, downloaded again, installed and am back to square one (as per the start of this thread).  I've now raised a ticket (19b95f28-dbeb-4ab8-8b9f-66ba49fe1767).

Cheers,
Rob
igglebert View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igglebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 6:38am
Hi. Any response on the ticket I've opened? Thanks.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 8:58am
Hi,
Please drop me a PM with the email address you used to submit the query and I will look into it for you.

Thanks
igglebert View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igglebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 8:10am
Update - I've not managed to get the Hawk working in FSX/SE but it's working fine in Prepar3d 3.4.  It's glorious BTW.  I would still like to use it in FSX because I've invested heavily in the platform and P3d doesn't run very well for me.  Any input welcome!

(Support emailed)
bobwad View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobwad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 7:39pm
I've also had the same problem with both the Hawk and Tornado demos, despite several uninstall, re-download and re-install cycles. I get nothing but two floating pilots on the external view. They look a bit odd flying about with no aircraft around them!!

I eventually gave up on the Tornado and it looks like I'll be doing the same with the Hawk. Shame, because I really liked the look of the Hawk.

Bob
igglebert View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igglebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 8:46pm
I've since bought a new PC with a GTX970 GPU and 16GB RAM. My first install of the Hawk on P3d resulted in floating pilots! After a reboot it's never happened again. Bizarre.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic