This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-6B - Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JF DC-6 Bulletin Notice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JF DC-6 Bulletin Notice
    Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 7:54am
3/17/2017
JF DC-6 Bulletin Notice , to owners of the Boxed Version of this Mighty Fine Aircraft.

Now, I purchased the Boxed Version from Just Flight back in about 2012.

I'm just now finding out, after a few hours and lots of tinkering & testing and Double Checking, even triple checking,,,,,, myself and the Boxed version of the DVD,,,, from JF,,,,,

that there are a few files "Aircraft Texture Files" that should "NOT" of been in the Aircraft Textures folder,,,

I'll be doing a VIDEO on this to show everybody what to watch out for and the file names,,

BUT, what happened was, either Aeroplane Heaven or JF ??? accidently got a few files from the JF DC-3 included in the Aircraft Textures folders and that those 2 files would cause DISPLAY issues in the passenger cabin,,,,,

causing the passenger seats to NOT show up correctly as intended by the developer.      

I'd imagine it was a simple mistake, and someone was probably tired after being in front of the computer for hours on end developing this stuff,,, lord do I know that feeling,,,,,,

its late right now at 3:00am in the morning and I got to go to work, but this week-end I'll show ya'll the issue with photos and a video, and explain how I FIXED the problem,,,,

Evidently the FILE NAME is correct, but, its the wrong FILE, as it goes to the DC-3 and will NOT properly work with the DC-6.

****    FILE NAME : AH_DC6_interior2_t.dds

I double & Triple Checked myself thinking it was my fault,

NAW come to find out after I re'installed the JF Disk / DVD for the DC-6, its that way on the installation Disk / DVD,,,,,,,,,

Image that, after all this time I'm just now finding that out ,,, Duhhhhhh ,,

Theres only 1 proper file that'll work , and if its the wrong file, the Passenger Seats in the DC-6 won't display properly,,,,

Evidently a tired soul got some files mixed up, tho the correct name of the file,, but the wrong file was put on the DVD / DISK back then,,,

Yet I see NO Mention of this on the Forum anywhere,,, after all this time,,,,

I can't help but laugh are WE asleep or what simmers,,,

OK - Stay tuned hopefully Saturday nite or Sunday I'll provide some photos and video and discuss how to FIX,,,,

Geee only 5 years later I found this out ,,,,   

Badd DVD Disk, no treats for you !!!!!

Captain I Fly

SIM HANGER on YOU TUBE !!!

CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 8:25am
FIX for the DC6-B Boxed Version

Passenger Cabin interior Fix if you have or experience this problem or issue - See Video.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic