This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Possible Bug: Spoilers Deploying Instead of Arming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Possible Bug: Spoilers Deploying Instead of Arming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possible Bug: Spoilers Deploying Instead of Arming
    Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 4:28am
I am having a problem with a couple of planes in Prepar3D whereby the spoilers are fully deploying instead of arming. The planes in question are the Lockheed L-1011 Tristar 500 (Professional Edition) and Commercial Level Simulations DC-10.

I first noticed this problem in the Lockheed jet a few nights ago when doing a type rating test in Air Hauler 2. (I reported this in the L1011 Tristar forum.) When I pressed Shift and / together to arm the spoilers, they fully deployed instead of merely arming, which resulted in a stall and a disastrous end to my flight. The following day, I did some testing on the ground and discovered that regardless of whether I pressed the slash key on its own or with Shift, the spoilers deployed instead of merely arming.

Now I have noticed the same issue in the CLS DC-10. This plane includes a switch in the cockpit to arm the spoilers, so the keyboard (and thus one's keyboard settings) doesn't come into it. But when I move this switch to "ARM", the spoilers fully deploy! The speed brake lever goes down 100% and when I look at the outside view, sure enough, the spoilers are right up. This time, after the Lockheed disaster, I have only tested this on the ground. The same happens if I do "Shift + /". Or just "/" on its own.

I have installed these two planes in Prepar3D, and I have the latest version (3.4.22). Has anyone else tried to fly these planes in P3D and encountered this problem? Is it a specific bug with the latest version? One thing is for sure, I'm not going to be able to arm the spoilers if I want to fly either of these planes in P3D. I guess I'll have to deploy them when I'm about to touch down - about the only way I can see of getting around the problem until either Just Flight or Lockheed Martin fixes it (depending on whose bug exactly this is).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic