This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > TB10 Tobago and TB20 Trinidad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aileron trim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aileron trim
    Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 4:38pm
Can anyone make the aileron trim work with the TB 10 and 20.
I have keys set for this in the config setting but it does not make any difference when used to stop the slight bank to the left.
I have to move the stick to the right, all other aircraft do not have this problem.

Full tanks are balanced and passenger weight is the same.

Anthony
igglebert View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igglebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 9:40am
Did anyone solve this?  Is the aileron trim non-functional on these aircraft?
I would expect a little trim to counter the torque effect of the propeller.
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 2:04pm
The aileron trim is non-functional on these aircraft, as per the real aircraft. Looking at pics of the real thing there are trimming tabs on the ailerons, but these are fixed and will have been manually set in position as a result of initial test flights.

Martyn's asked me to have a look at the engine at some point regarding another (minor) issue - as and when that happens, I'll have a look at either re-enabling the trim or seeing how I could emulate the fixed trim tab situation. Meanwhile, rudder trim should help.

Paul.
igglebert View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igglebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 3:19pm
Nice one, thanks...

Thumbs Up
igglebert View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igglebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 6:04pm
Hi.  Rudder trim of 8% right seems to make the roll stable.
Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic