This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Huge TY to JF Support (FS9 addons wouldnt install)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Huge TY to JF Support (FS9 addons wouldnt install)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniceguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huge TY to JF Support (FS9 addons wouldnt install)
    Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 10:36pm
Just want to say a huge thank you to Just flight for still supporting Windows 7 and FS9 addons, unlike Microsoft who wouldn't fix their own issues.

I have recently reinstalled my OS, just (Win 7 Ultimate x64)! Therefore am reinstalling my entire FS9 collection.

After installing FS9 and 9.1 patch I tried to install FS Terrain (boxed version) without success. After reading the following page and downloading and running the service, my installation seems to be working:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Only run the service to install your products from your disks. Once installed, turn the service off as it is prone to hackers.

With FS Terrain I got an error window pop up (LCore.exe - Wrong Volume) "The wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume FSTERRAIN into drive G:.". Drive G being my DVD drive. However, as long as you insert the next disk and click "OK" on the "Setup Needs The Next Disk" window, the installation seems to continue without issues.

I suspect this is due to the end of mainstream support of Windows 7 being 2015. Windows 7 end of life support is until Jan 2020; hence why I haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet. I much prefer Windows 7 atm for what I use my computer for.

Visit http://fsprojects.netau.net for my flight sim and train sim web sites :)
vx800 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vx800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 6:23pm
Hi

how do you avoid getting updated to W10

Ole
vx800
aniceguy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniceguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 6:26pm
Hi vx800, I clean re-installed windows 7 (though you have to do it a certain way now in order to get Windows Updates to work). I've therefore did not get the update which offers the free update as it is no longer available as a free update :)
Visit http://fsprojects.netau.net for my flight sim and train sim web sites :)
piperpilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piperpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by vx800 vx800 wrote:

Hi

how do you avoid getting updated to W10

Ole

vx800 hi
In your windows update folder check uninstall these updates in this order

KB2952664
KB2990214
KB3021917
KB3035583
KB2977759
KB2996978