This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ai traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ai traffic
    Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 9:08pm
hello all,

i have created a sea plane base and added traffic to it. but when i got to the airport when the plane is supposed to move it doesn't go anywhere.

can anyone help with this. some seaplane bases work fine but the ones i have done don't and i have copied what the other have got in regards to taxiways and runway width.

please help its driving me crazy...Cry

Kind regards
Jovic
j.staddon
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 11:09pm
Jovic,
what software are you using to create your sea planes bases?

If it is ADE then there are plenty of helpful items in the ADE forum that will point you in the right direction for successful sea plane bases.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/airport-design-editor.95/
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 12:11pm
I am using AFCAD a very old version i believe.

Kind regards
Jovic
j.staddon
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 4:15pm
Jovic,

in that case, other than strongly recommending the latest ADE software, I am sorry that I cannot help you.

[EDIT] For your information, AI water runways HAVE to have a HARD surface (but can be ZERO width so it doesn't show) and AI aircraft (even those that have floats) HAVE to be given WHEELS so that they can 'land' on the HARD surface. This is an MSFS-thing I am afraid to say!
11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 6:53pm
so how do they create them in the tongass floyd package?

float planes land on water without any issues

Kind regards
Jovic

but i will check out ade for sure thank you for the support
j.staddon
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 11:09pm
Jovic,
I use ADE every day and I have got 'AI floatplanes' coming and going from water airports. But I have had to modify some of my floatplanes such that FSX 'thinks' they have wheels so that they can use the 'solid' runways 'hidden' in the water, alongside the water runways that I use for my own 'real' floatplane which has not been modified.

As far as I am aware, this is a requirement for FSX operation of AI from water.

There are plenty of others who understand how this technique has to be applied to make AI work on water.
11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 8:46am
i am using fs2004 tho.

kind regards
Jovic
j.staddon
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 10:06am
I would be surprised if the same 'rules' do not apply to FS2004.
11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 10:45am
so how do you create a water runway with your planes?

also what do you need to edit in the aircraft.cfg to make sure they are water ready? :)

Jovic
j.staddon
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 12:23pm
Jovic,

this is a large topic that has been covered extensively in the Airport Design Editor [ADE] forums as I pointed out in my 1st response. Use this link -

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/airport-design-editor.95/
11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 5:30pm
link doesn't work

:S

j.staddon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic