This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paintkit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintkit
    Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 9:45am
Hello all, i recently purchased the 748 and decided to do a bit of repainting. I'm about two thirds of the way through my effort using the paintkit but am now a bit stuck. I have the fuselage more or less finished but as the tail is not in a proper psd format (according to psp) i'm unsure as how to paint it and keep all the detailing while getting rid of the DLT livery on it! I've been looking at some of the fantastic repaints for it posted here and wondered,how did they do it? Any ideas or a link to somewhere that could show me how would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
High Iron View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 3:59am
I'm not sure what you mean that the tail is not a proper psd format. I am using Photoshop CC 2017 and I get no error. If you are trying to open it up in the current version of Gimp it will not work. It may be possible you have a corrupted download of the paint kit. You should see in the Layers panel all the details, base color, wireframe, guides and the various tail logos of the ones included with the 748 purchase. To get rid of the DLT just hide it, you should just see a blank white tail with the details.

Cheers,
Thad
BadPilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 7:25am
Hi, and thanks very much for the reply. I did think of a corrupt download and re-downloaded it but it's the same. I'm using Paintshop pro and while all the other psd files are fine and ok to use, when i try to open the tail psd Paintshop pro says "this is not a valid psd file",so i have to open it with DXTBmp and send to editor and it has no layers  just has the background layer like everything has been merged and flattened. Thanks once again for the reply.
drmagnumwolf View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmagnumwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by BadPilot BadPilot wrote:

Hi, and thanks very much for the reply. I did think of a corrupt download and re-downloaded it but it's the same. I'm using Paintshop pro and while all the other psd files are fine and ok to use, when i try to open the tail psd Paintshop pro says "this is not a valid psd file",so i have to open it with DXTBmp and send to editor and it has no layers  just has the background layer like everything has been merged and flattened. Thanks once again for the reply.

Maybe it has to do with Paintshop Pro and how the .psd was saved. There's an option on Photoshop that asks if you want to save with enhanced compatibility. Maybe the paintkit out didn't save it like that? 

EDIT: Hum, there were two fonts  I didn't have, maybe that was the issue? 
I replaced them with another font, and saved it again with compatibility settings, see if it works for you
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9upld5wkh_vR1BpNlRxYnlZRnc 
BadPilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 2:24pm
Thanks very much for replying, could you say that again in English Big smile i can just manage to paint, everything else is way beyond my capabilities.
drmagnumwolf View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmagnumwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by BadPilot BadPilot wrote:

Thanks very much for replying, could you say that again in English Big smile i can just manage to paint, everything else is way beyond my capabilities.

Don't forget to share the link when you upload it! Wink 
I want to download it when it is done. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic