This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

first flight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first flight
    Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 10:54am
Hi, I have just got airliner pilot. I have just loaded and started my first flight. It starts with the dash 8 never flown one of these. When i taxi out i cannot control the speed it seems to pick up power without increasing my joystick. When i get to the runway and get the clearance to take off the aircraft always turns off to the right and i cannot keep it straight there is obviously something wrong and proberly its me but can someone please help as i cannot even get my first flight off the ground.

Many Thanks
Ian
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 11:15am
Sounds like you need to calibrate your joystick. Give that ago, sure it will solve your problem.
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
d9 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 12:25pm
Are both engines working?  Are both throttle levers moving, or just one?
Rob.
buffy123 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 5:07pm
 Hi, No only one throttle working no one number two will not work once the engines are started. Works ok before engines on. I have calibrated my joystick.

Ian
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 5:25pm
Then form some reason you are not having full control because you are not receiving any power to engine 2. Are you using keyboard assignements to start engines or are you using muse clicks? Does it happen with all aircraft or one in particular?
Nick B

buffy123 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 6:53pm
 Hi Nick, Yes im using ctrl + e to start the engines. I dont know if any other planes do it as i can only use this one to start. Its all ok in normal flight sim.

Ian 
buffy123 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 8:54am
 Hi Nick, Ok i have gone into Century of flight then into create a flight and used the 737. The throttles were ok both moving up and down. Then i shut engines down and tried starting them with CTRL + E and i get the same only engine one will operate when moving the joystick. Im at a total loss now any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Ian
d9 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 9:34am
Try holding  Ctrl+E down for longer, or Ctrl+E+1 then Ctrl+E+2.  I haven't used this for a long while, but can you not start each engine individually from the panel/overhead/ throttle console?

Rob. 
Rob.
buffy123 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 3:36pm

Hi Rob, Its ok i have sorted it i have made button two on the joystick auto start and its working great now. I ahve completed the first two flights.

Thanks All for your help

Ian
kim92andersen View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim92andersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 8:19pm
you also needed to ensure to turn on the generators, so that they dont turn off in the middle of takeoff. did u remember that ?
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 8:38pm
For engine start I would not use the keyboad I would use the button on the screen with your mosue or as you say you could assign a joystic button.

if you are using keyboard then I think as said above you need to ensure that the engine gens are on and the fuel pumps and then start the engine, which normally you would have to hold the keyboard buttown down until the engine has fully started.

Glad you got it sorted.
Nick B

buffy123 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 9:29pm
 Thanks once again all its great to have people being so nice and friendly.

Im sure i will beback with more problems as i am new to this but enjoying it a lot.

Ian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic