This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Qantas Express

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Qantas Express
    Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 9:20am
Hi fellow simmers loving the Flight Sim at the moment all my pans are working and great seeing you own flight plans flying in and out and also filling up empty airports as well. My question is I have modified the Qantas Express flight plans using the Dash 8's I have modified the plans because Dash 8's would not fly Devonport in Tasmania to Port headland in Western Australia, done the plans and saved them compiled the plans, but no Dash 8's anywhere in Australia what would cause the Qantas Express flights not to work. Thanks in advance.

By the way when I fly to the US I see heaps of Dash 8's in the United colours and other US airlines that have Dash 8's in their fleet
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 11:23am
Hi Darren,
pleased to hear you are now getting stuck in to scheduling.

Devonport to Port Hedland is, I think, beyond the range of Dash-8's without a mid-flight stop over? But if you fiddle with the range in the TCC you could schedule flights.
I have got QFAX Dash-8's flying out of YDPO, YPPD and YSSY without any problems so I think we need a bit more info on what you are doing. Perhaps you could open your QFAX.tcc in Notepad and copy a couple of lines into a reply here so that we can see an example of your schedules.
I expect Freddy will also offer some suggestions.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 12:45pm
Hi Ray it's well beyond the range that's why I modified Traffic's flight plan I will have a go at your suggestion and see how I go, hope you are well my friend.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 2:08am
My suggestion is exactly what Ray said ... use TCC to fiddle with and edit the range.

I would use Wikipedia or a Google search to get the actual range of the aircraft, noting that the default Dash 8 in Traffic X is not the longer range Q400 variant*, and then use TCC to update the range to the correct value.  If you want to "cheat" and do not care that it is not the Q400 variant, and want to use it anyway, then just put whatever figure you need in there to get the range you need.  Or, of course, just schedule a refueling stop along the way in the middle of the journey somewhere ... remembering you can set your schedules like this: Devonport to Alice Springs to Port Hedland, and back again.  Job done.

*The Q400 Dash 8 does come in one of the Traffic X Expansion Packs. So you may actually have that aircraft if you've purchased and installed the relevant Expansion Pack.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic