This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

problems with real scenery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote km26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problems with real scenery
    Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 3:46pm
Hi, I have windows Flight Simulator x Deluxe Edition running in Windows 10 it took me a little time to do it, and its running fine now.  But when I try to add real scenery using a Disc, it cannot get past the install wizard, it begins and runs for two seconds then it crashes. I did have running on widows 7 and I had no problems adding real scenery.  can you please help me. Kind Regards Keith Miller.Cry
sierragolf View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sierragolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 12:15pm
Hi Keith, whilst this is not an answer to your problem, it's more of an addition, for I too am having a similar problem. Just yesterday I had, due to a problem, reason to delete my JUSTFLIGHT VFR Photographic Scenery covering the UK, all 4 volumes, and upon trying to re-install them I had an error show up which said

Error during launch of setup. The remote procedure call failed.

I too am using Win 7 O/S with FSX DeLuxe Edition.

The error call is coming up on all volumes of attempted install and there's nothing wrong with the discs as I can initiate an install on another machine and my cd/dvd reader is also OK as I can read and write other files to/from it.

As this is a Just Flight forum and I purchased my Scenery disks from them I'm hoping someone can see our dilemma and respond.

Good luck with your problem Keith.

John

Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 8:53pm
Guys, you need technical support, support isn't done on this forum.

Please visit justflight.com/support and submit a support ticket from there, the team will reply and help you out.

Thanks
km26 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote km26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 10:29pm
Thank you for your help I will try what you suggested. Thanks km26
jj163 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 8:58pm
Probably related to the SecureROM thingy and that it's not part of Windows 10.  Long story short, don't think you can get round it to install the VFR Real Scenery disks.  Unhappy

https://www.justflight.com/support/installer-help/c8a7570

jj
PPL, Night,IMC

"I used to be a pilot until I took an arrow to the knee."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic