This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GPS unit not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PropDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GPS unit not working
    Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 1:54am
Hi there,

My GPS Unit wont start up no matter what I do. Pressing Shift 1 brings up the FSX default GPS but te manual suggests that the internal GPS unit works. Any help would be appreciated.

PD
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 10:01am
Does it not turn on if you click and drag the GPS power switch clockwise to the on position?
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
PropDude View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PropDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Does it not turn on if you click and drag the GPS power switch clockwise to the on position?

Thanks for the response Martyn.

No the Unit does not turn on when I click and drag the power switch clockwise. By that I mean nothing happens when I click and drag the cursor on the left side of the unit.

I am enjoying the aircraft otherwise but I would like to have access to the GPS in the VC without having to rely on the FSX default pop up.
PropDude View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PropDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by PropDude PropDude wrote:

Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Thanks for the response Martyn.

No the Unit does not turn on when I click and drag the power switch clockwise. By that I mean nothing happens when I click and drag the cursor on the left side of the unit.

I am enjoying the aircraft otherwise but I would like to have access to the GPS in the VC without having to rely on the FSX default pop up.

Sorry I mean the cursor on the right hand side of the unit!!
Uncle Bucc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Bucc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 9:17pm
It would appear that I am having the same problem.

Other than that this is a delightful aeroplane to fly.  It is always a hard decision whether to fly her or the Canberra at the moment.
PropDude View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PropDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 12:46am
The GPS is turned on by clicking and dragging the squelch button on the top left hand side of the unit. It worked for me.
Uncle Bucc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Bucc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by PropDude PropDude wrote:

The GPS is turned on by clicking and dragging the squelch button on the top left hand side of the unit. It worked for me.

Thanks for the info.  Click and drag to the right to switch on and click and drag to the left to switch off.  Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic