This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Default ATC and Hawk Radio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaunarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Default ATC and Hawk Radio
    Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 2:07pm
Hi 

How do I have to set up the radio, to ask for takeoff and landing permission? The ATC Window selection does just keep the same state,  like if I had no power. The radio has power but I also read here there's an avionic master switch. Didn't see that. Can anyone help me please. 

Dan
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 5:19pm
As long as you have power to the electrics (engine running, DC reset button a little way below the radio and check that the needle moves from left to right on the associated gauge), then selecting 'main' on the left hand button of the radio panel should get you talking to people!

Cheers,
Paul.
Blaunarwal View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaunarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 7:33pm
Negativ! Maybe it's P3D3.4. The ATC Menu remains at the same state, doesn't go further. I thought it must be a setting in the radio.
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 8:18pm
Strange, that's the sim I tested it in. Try starting the aircraft using the hidden clickspot bottom left of the shift menu then repeat the DC reset and 'main' selection on the radio - it may be that there is something in the quickstep additional to the startup procedures. Worth a try if only to eliminate it.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaunarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 8:56pm
Shift Menu is no expression found in the manual. So how should I find it? There's a shift 2,3,  and 4 window. 

While trying I found, if I hit the key 1 for the ground station repeatedly, I get into the following menu, for the following taxi to takeoff options. But that's not a way to sim. If I change aircraft, there's no problem. 
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 9:02pm
Sorry, was writing that on my phone and must have missed the lack of numberEmbarrassed

Shift+2 is the menu I meant, right down in the bottom left corner below all the icons you should find the hidden clickspot.

Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaunarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 9:13pm
Here is how it behaves. In the ATC Window you will see some blinking, when I try to select an option

https://youtu.be/XjkMVGwP7Tk

and then loading the JF Tornado, it works as expected

P.S. I just know, P3D3 ATC Radio doesn't work, without power e.g. FSX did not have this feature if I remember right. 
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 9:30pm
Wrong radio to get ATC - try the one in the pic below, set the far left button to 'main'. I could see in your vid that it is set to 'OFF'.

Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaunarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 9:37pm
Great, that's it! Thanks a lot. I never saw this button, was always switching on the right hand side radio.

Dan
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 9:41pm
You're welcome, glad you're up and running!

Paul.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic