This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canberra PR9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Bucc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canberra PR9
    Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 8:34pm
It's either this beautiful lady or the HS 748 as my aeroplanes of choice at the moment.

I have taken a couple of screenshots and I hope that it further enhances the pictures that have been posted earlier.  I started this topic rather than hijack somebody else's so as not to cause any offence.

Standing at the NE Combat Mil parking spot number 4 at (ACG) RAF Marham 1993.  Complete with AI Canberra and Victor Retro traffic files.

En route over Tyneside either going to (ACG) RAF Kinloss or (ACG) RAF Lossiemouth whilst getting used to her.

An atmospheric shot.

Southbound crossing the Firth of Forth, with the road and rail bridges in view, going back to RAF Marham.

Finally, I have read the PDF manual but don't appear to have either the Radio Altimeter or Roll Damper knob controls available in any of the five models.  Have I missed something? If so what switches do I need to throw? Thanks, David

Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 1:44am

You really need TrackIR to see those two, duck your head down from the position in your photo and you'll see them.

Paul.
Uncle Bucc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Bucc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 11:09am
Paul,

Many thanks for your help it is most appreciated.  Thumbs Up
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 4:50pm
You're welcome -  nice pics, I spent most of the beta testing flying out from the ACG Marham.
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 5:52pm
Nice pics, thanks for posting.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Bucc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 9:21pm
You're welcome.  I intend to try a longer flight as am I getting used to handling her.  It really sets the scene using RAF Marham (1993) with retro Canberra and Victor traffic especially if I am taxiing out behind another aircraft for a flight.
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 9:37pm
If you haven't already, have a read of 'Bucket of Sunshine' - a great read, primarily about Canberra ops (albeit the B(I)8 mk, rather than PR9). Might give you some ideas for routes for those longer ops!

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Bucc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Delta558 Delta558 wrote:

If you haven't already, have a read of 'Bucket of Sunshine' - a great read, primarily about Canberra ops (albeit the B(I)8 mk, rather than PR9). Might give you some ideas for routes for those longer ops!

Many thanks for this.  I got the ISBN number so I shall go into town and order it from my local book store. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic