This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SP2 feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Burnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 9:54pm
Just downloaded and installed sp2. I have tried to recreate the problem above about looping and have had no luck. Pulling up at ground level at 450kts and then climbing up to 10,000ft and over the top of the loop at about 100-120kts the aircraft is fine. I then deliberately stalled the aircraft and  recovered it normally as with most aircraft, stick forward opposite rudder. SP2 works fine for me and the Hawk is a joy to fly.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 8:43am
Originally posted by helix1250 helix1250 wrote:

And to be frank the hawks been a pile of poo! I'll end up removing it anyway! My findings have been fed back to my VA just incase someone had the crazy idea of buying this tosh!!

Robert, thanks for the constructive feedback. Please contact our customer service team who will be able to arrange a refund or exchange so that you can remove this (Platinum award-winning) pile of tosh poo and move on to something else Thumbs Up

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Morti Morti wrote:

when ever I I select the HUD I'm getting a blue panel when I cycle thru the options after I turned it on. so no nap etc .. am I doing anything wrong.

I uninstalled Hawk first then reinstalled SP2 .. so what have I done?

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=EC8FB86A48E7EE2D&resid=EC8FB86A48E7EE2D%2179147&authkey=AD8LOAMNKeWQmZQ

Martin.

IS this a issue that u aware off?

mlb406 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 6:05pm

when ever I I select the HUD I'm getting a blue panel when I cycle thru the options after I turned it on. so no nap etc .. am I doing anything wrong.

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30970&title=gps-unit-blue-screen

Try this.
Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by mlb406 mlb406 wrote:

[QUOTE=Morti] [QUOTE=Morti] when ever I I select the HUD I'm getting a blue panel when I cycle thru the options after I turned it on. so no nap etc .. am I doing anything wrong.

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30970&title=gps-unit-blue-screen

Try this.

Thank you
Rick_Piper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_Piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 4:33pm
do we still have to reconfigure our control sensitivity just to suit the JF Hawk or have you at last corrected the "Feature"

Beautifully built model

My Compliments to the Poor devil that Modelled her

Regards
Rick
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 8:15pm
You never had to reconfigure your control sensitivity, just use the tool provided in the main Simobjects / airplanes / JF_Hawk_T1 folder - it's called Hawk_ConfigApp, just select the stable model. Then again, I did tell you that back in October, with a full explanation.

Paul.
Rick_Piper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_Piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 8:33pm
I really don't like you at all Paul (Much like your FDE!)

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Rick_Piper Rick_Piper wrote:

I really don't like you at all Paul (Much like your FDE!)

Rick, please keep such comments to yourself. It's pretty poor form to join our forums and personally attack one of our team in your second post. We're more than happy to read constructive feedback about our products, particularly from someone with your experience, but please keep things civil. 

Thanks for the compliments regarding the model. We're lucky to have a great modeller! 

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
stevieb View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 6:06pm
I've been happily using SP1 (in FSX) since its release and today took the opportunity to install SP2.  However, I've had to revert to SP1 because of a problem similar to that reported in the opening post.  At the top of a loop the aircraft just "drifts away" and falls to the ground without responding to any control input.  With SP1, the same manoeuvre in identical conditions isn't a problem.
I would also say that it's not a stall that I'm seeing.  In SP1 I can deliberately create a stall condition in that situation and the aircraft behaves quite differently and can be recovered. I'm configured as Standard flight model, and, for simplicity, I set Fair Weather with no wind.
GabethePilot View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 9:34pm
Oh my.

Reading this thread is a little like following the Trump / North Korea twitter war.

I hope the "Rick Piper" above isn't the guy who did the Skysim Hawk, disappeared, and left his Hawk with DRM active, resulting in many of us not being able to reinstall the damn thing !?!? Lol...!

As for stalling., doing acrobaticy thingeys..... really ? Get a GCSE physics book, and get some principles of physics understood: acceleration, inertia and gravity would be a great starting place.

Why do you think fast bowlers in cricket, take a run up ? Why do space rockets need huge amounts of thrust just to get off the ground ?

Flight dynamics are fascinating and mind bogglingly complex. This aircraft could well be a good excuse to actually start thinking about studying it.

And, as for tweaking settings, isn't that par for the course with simming ? Crikey, I have an addon-specific setup in FSIUP for just about every addon worth having. So what ?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic