This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Patch List

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Patch List
    Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 7:51pm
1: Auxiliary not `Auxilliary` Pumps on Centre Pedestal 

2: HSI should have clear demarcation between the 10 degree increments and 5 degree increments - usually with half length on the 5 degree indicators but I don't know what HSI is modelled here.

3: No Feathered start - as previously advised the aircraft cannot operate this way and is a core fault in the product at present.

4: Fuel Trimmers have no function, and are not described in the manual. The fuel trimmers should independently reduce/increase fuel flow and TGT temps (and thus power) and should be described for use (to maintain, but not exceed TGT book values) and are used for start up when values of 50% or 100% are typical depending on OAT and for modifying TGT at cruise to lower TGT from a typical 750 degrees to around 730. If one is flying in the sim in current European weather failure to bring the trimmers to 85-100 % prior to throttle up could mean a substantial loss in t/o power (up to 25% loss). The fuel trimmers range 0-100% should independently change the FF.
Its a core fault that the functionality is not present with an appropriate chart for use.

5: Trim and AOA: Probably a fault of the erroneous loadout and Stations menu, but the aircraft should not be pitching nose-up at any speed above about 120 kts clean. It's a big, high-lift wing with a well-forward centre of mean effective pressure (thrust point well in front of and above the centre of lift)

6: Propeller doesn't go to ground fine after landing with WoW. This is the Dart equivalent of reverse thrust and is a very demonstrable and key operating function as ALL ground ops were supposed to be in ground fine when the props should go to `0` degrees (in reality, not quite zero so there is residual thrust from prop and jet pipe for taxi). Again, this seems to be because of the error in knowledge and interpretation in how the props function on a Dart.

I'm sure there are more, but I only had time for a single circuit on a friends rig as I'm predisposed to wait until the product becomes FFP before purchasing - although I will be annoyed if the early bird purchase discount period does not reflect the time taken to get things right.Ouch

snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 8:05pm
Damn, forgot to turn the page on the notebook

7: Approach speeds seem waaaay off - this aircraft would come over the fence at about 85 kts, landing at around 75 at typical landing weights - it was very specifically intended to replicate the speeds of the DC-3. This aircraft is not happy at much under 110.

Possibly a function of the Station load issues not translating to correct flight characteristics or a fault in the FDE?

The reason this is important is that the aircraft had a tendency to float if not landed bang-on the correct v-speeds and is what marked it apart from later and next generation turboprops, which added more power, higher wing loading and reverse thrust to enable higher speeds but similar balanced field length - the extreme result being the Dash8-Q400 which is a pig with massively different flying characteristics between normal landing flap and full, and with a tendency to a firm arrival.

Slow and stately is part of the 748 attraction! 

snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 9:35am
Scale of pilots too large

and while you're at it, they are far too visible inside what was quite a dark cockpit. 2 tones darker on the external cockpit windows?

sundowner View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 7:46pm
The real/true flying characteristics is what appeals to "real time pilots" who purchase flightsim aircraft products - in this instance a product of  Just Flight.
As previously stated on other J/F products , the soft ware developers need to up their skills/knowledge  i t o the  "principles of flight" ( technical data) w r t a specific a/c before being launched. 
Basic principle i t o client satisfaction.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 8:49am
Thanks Snave. I'll pass on your feedback to the developers.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic