This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > English Electric Canberra PR.9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canberra Heading Hold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G-BANJO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canberra Heading Hold
    Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 10:32am
Good morning, all.

This is my first post here and I wonder, please, if anyone can help to sort out why I cannot achieve heading hold in AP? I have recently installed from download (FSX SE, Windows 10)

I have read and revisited the manual and I believe I am following correct procedure in powering up & engaging the auto pilot. I set up the desired heading using the bug on the instrument hidden by the yoke. With the AP 'Track' function activated, I try to get onto the new heading by clicking and holding the at top left of this instrument. But, the button appears not to want to hold (it flickers) and no heading change occurs.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft with no change.

I have looked through this board but have not found any similar report. I have a feeling I am missing a trick somewhere.

Thank you for any advice.

Regards,

Brian.
Thank you for your help,

Brian
nmurray View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 2:27am
Hi Brian,
I hope I am understanding you.
First, you don't use the AP 'Track' that is for VOR.

Engage the AP, set the heading bug (yellow triangle) to the heading you wish then on the Autopilot Heading Selector (just under the Radio Altimeter) clicl button top left.

I think the reason it won't hold for you is that you have the Track selected or AP is not properly engaged.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic