This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tornado Download? My Opinion/Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tornado Download? My Opinion/Question
    Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 9:20pm
Hi Martin,

I've been reading reviews and looking at youtube videos, and with some skepticism, decided to try the download. It seems that there are a lot of complaints being expressed. In the minority are praises of your Tornado.

I run an FSX dedicated SSD, i7 4770, Quad-Core 3.5 3-9 GHz TB HD Graphics4600, LGA1150, 8MB L3 Cache, DDR3-1600, 780 Nvid card.

Power supply:, Corsair AX860, ATX 860W

I run graphics at 2560x1080 32bit.

I set FPS at 64, but unlimited occasionally, w/o issue. FPS go through the roof on unlimited. 

I deactivated my av / mw before downloading.

I put settings high. 

Running the Tornado I saw high 20's to mid 30's FPS. Well below the 64 FPS I get with other AC in my hanger. Handling was ok, however, she looks ok, but certainly doesn't look as "pretty" as depicted in your sales videosWink.

So Martin, does the download represent what I can expect if I purchase? If so, it's a let down. I'd much prefer the M2M MK2C Mirage for the price (which I have).

Summary: A real memory hog, and very expensive, given the many issues being expressed in the forums and Youtube reviews. It was released too soon, imho.

Also, after restarting my malware, I got a high warning alert. Seems the download put two "Vulcan" files into my programs 86x, which isn't where my FSX resides. I removed them and cleaned. That cleared up the alert. So, what was this all about. Why were they installed?Confused

Regards, EagleSpirit

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 10:27am
Hi EagleSpirit,

I've just checked the Tornado demo and I can confirm that it is not installing any Vulcan files. They must have come from elsewhere. 

I think a lot of the online feedback you may have seen was prior to the service packs, as now the aircraft is acclaimed and has won industry awards. However, the old adage of "you can't please all of the people all of the time" is very true, so we can only thanks you for trying the demo and wish you the best. 
EagleSpirit View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 5:55pm
Richard,

Really?

This was Martins reply:Richard will probably be replying to you on the forum about the Vulcan question. Almost certainly a tiny oversight when the old Vulcan demo installer code was used to make one for the tornado. They are of course not malware or any sort of risk. Any vulcan files will be 10 years old and well tested. You probably have Norton or one of the lazier AV programs that just throws up warnings for anything it is not quite sure about.

"They must have come from somewhere els"? Some discrepancy it seems. Seems to be "same ol same ol" cover our arse syndrome! Why not be frank/honest, as Martin was/is. I have great respect for Martin, as I feel he a
has always been honest and has strived to provide good customer support/service.

No, you can't please everyone. I'm very particular/picky when it comes to my purchase of sim ac. I am especially critical of developers who release products before they are ready. Releasing to your consumers so they can "debug" your ac for you is total BS. You know very well, they'll have there hands full! It's just down right greed! If your going to take there money, then give them the product they deserve!

Your Tornado is a real "looker" and very complex. I commend you on your efforts. I will definitely consider its purchase sometime in the future, after I feel all it's issues have been resolved.

Regards, Eagle
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 8:10pm
Eagle, please let me know where you believe these Vulcan files were being installed to. I'm not covering my arse at all, I've performed a test install of the demo and found no trace of anything to do with the Vulcan being installed, and I also went through the installer itself and found nothing in there. 
There is also no discrepancy here - as you say in your quoted text "almost certainly a tiny oversight", Martin was clearly making an assumption of what he thought the problem would be rather than confirming he has investigated and found a problem. In actual fact, after investigation this assumption hasn't proven to be the case, so far at least. 

The easiest way to clear this up would be to re-install the demo and point out what these files are called, and where they are appearing. The only files that should crop up inside Program Files (x86) are some standard Installshield files in "InstallShield Installation Information" that are used when uninstalling the software, and some engine files in "Common Files". 
After installing the Tornado demo I ran a search on my entire PC under "Vulcan" and found nothing, other than things like VulcanMessage.dll that are installed by lots of Adobe projects but nothing to do with us...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic