This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is there support for a Tacpack Tornado?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is there support for a Tacpack Tornado?
    Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 9:39am
What Dave told us about the problems that Just Flight were having last year makes sense of allot of confusion and break downs in communication. It also tells us why we have heard nothing more about Tacpack for Tornado. There are at present 'no plans' for further TP development.
For those of us like me who consider the Tornado a magnificent achievement in simulation I nevertheless feel that it is model crying out for that completing aspect. However, such an addition takes time, research and money. So JF is going to want to know whether there would be a significant enough customer base for such a project. Ok, lets use this thread to obtain an indication of interest in a such an extra dimension
I will put out the following questions: Would you be willing to pay   extra for Tacpack?
Personally the answer is 'yes'
How much more would you be willing to pay?
I would go to an extra 10 quid, possibly a little more.

Thanks all
Neil
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:03pm
Since the very first conception, and release of the TP, I have always wanted a viable Tornado which is TacPack enabled. What better project to have one other than the JF Model?   +1 to this "Interest".
AS for paying extra? I probably would, but given the fact that this was, and should be part of the build... who knows.
HotelZulu
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 6:58am
Um Err, what is TacPack?
johnep
johnep
DaveG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 12:23pm
No.
Although I do like the Tornado, and have no regrets buying it, JF have lost me as a customer.
neilG View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by johnep johnep wrote:

Um Err, what is TacPack?
johnep

Many military aircraft designed for P3D and FSX, have been designed to take advantage of a program by Vertical Reality Simulations, called Tacpack or Tactical Package. This allows for working weaponry, and tactical avionics for hunting targets. It allows for these to be employed against flying targets and land targets, and with regard to the latter you can plant, 'SAM' sites that will also target you. Originally it was stated that the JF Tornado was to have this capability but this never happened for the reasons stated. I consider the JF Tornado to be one of the finest simulation models for FSX/P3D on the market, but it is crying out for this completing factor, more than lesser models.
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 12:09pm
It would be nice to have. The trouble is that hardly any Tornado weapons are included in Tacpack at present so an awful lot of data would need to be obtained/created to simulate their characteristics. Then there's all the integration work to interface the weapons to the sim. Not to mention making the radar work.

The Tornado is still a good fast jet study sim and great fun to fly at low level. Will be even better when JF get around to making the TFR work properly.
DANCOSH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANCOSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 8:30am
Pay extra don't think so it was advertised as having a addon for tack pack not long after release, its ok thou coause trading standards are currently investigating on my behalf with false advertising. Just flight are a joke now.
Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic