This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In Flight Refuelling....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Flight Refuelling....
    Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 7:16pm
Hi all,

I bought the GR1 a week or so ago, and am loving it. However, I can't get in-flight refuelling to work. At all.

I recorded a video https://youtu.be/07FRpDvwFyw to show what I'm doing. I just cannot get any fuel flowing into the tanks - the fuel total gauge never goes up. 

Help appreciated!

Max
garyscott View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 10:09am
On Joining -
1. Late arm/trigger – SAFE
2. Fuel – check quantity
3. TACAN – REC
4. IFF – STBY
5. HF – OFF

Pre contact -
1. Wing sweep – 25°
2. Tank inter – CLOSE
3. Fuel X-feed – CLOSE
4. Tanks – as required
5. Probe – OUT, RDY light on

Are these above steps being carried out? 
Also your positioning, seems to be directed at the tanker, rather than the drogue. When near the basket, say 20 - 30 feet behind and level to it, stabilize, then move forward with a low closure. I haven't tried A2A refueling yet with Tornado, but noticed your TFR is on via the Escope. Does anyone from JF know if that should be off, as in Real world you dont want to irradiate the tanker crew. If that is also one of the steps, then ideally you want Rad off within 1000Meters.
clivedrake View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clivedrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 11:13am
Your flying is very good.  I am starting to try to refuel in flight, how did you make the green strip at the top of the screen showing the tanker data appear, please?

Thank you,

Tregarth

I have just found it, thank you for the video, it is very helpful.
Clive
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic