This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fsx Freezing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R J S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fsx Freezing
    Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 9:04pm
Hi everyone . Been simming for nearly ten years now suddenly fsx is freezing . I end up with noise and no go. I understand this is not uncommon. ive just deleted everything . then reinstalled fsx accel, the only add on ive put in is the aerosoft f14. my pc runs WIN7..NVIDIA 960GTX QAUDCORE 4.0GHZ 16GB RAM . ANY suggestions. thanks
v8driver
whiskylima View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiskylima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 10:15pm
It might be worth opening the case and giving everything a good clean with a vacuum cleaner and a brush. I did this myself a while back after a similar issue. I also unplugged the memory sticks, graphic card etc and re-assembled everything. Worked a treat since. At your own risk of course!!
R J S View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R J S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 9:04pm
Thanks for the reply . Have just tried your suggestion unfortunately it doesnt seem to have worked , oh well. Im going to take my pc into my local shop ,they upgraded it last xmas and am thinking that maybe the processor is running a bit hot . ill let you know . cheers
v8driver
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 7:10am
I had this problem (sound still playing, but FSX frozen), too. For me it helped upgrading all drivers, including more obscure things like motherboard chipset drivers, network card drivers, sound card drivers, etc.

Now I can no longer reboot Windows 7 without freezing it (shutdown still works fine though), but the FSX problem is finally solved :)
The problem with reboots even survived the upgrade to Windows 10, but I downgraded again.

But as they say: YMMV
... and make backups ...
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 10:07am
Hi Guys having the same problem sound but a frozen game usually happening when I am bout to land, now I save the flight at mid flight or just before descending, then got out of the flight and the game, reboot the game and go back to where I was in the flight. I just had my computer worked on he put more memory in as I had run out of memory to play the game, and now FSX freezes on me.
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 4:01pm
Last time I added memory I had to manually select a slightly slower memory timing in the BIOS settings, automatic configuration selected something that wasn't completely stable.
Try checking your memory with memtest86 or memtest86+.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic