This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > One-Eleven 300/400/500
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you and a couple of observations.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretch1365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank you and a couple of observations.
    Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 7:56pm
Hello to all,

I bought the One-Eleven today and am really enjoying the new bird. Thank you to all the team involved.

I have noticed a few things which I would like to mention. Maybe I should list my observations below and someone could tell me if I should raise a ticket or not. 

On my first flight which started as ready to taxi, when I landed and shut down the engines I noticed the engine sound still running in the external view...............I wasn't too sure if there was any APU sound in that same external view even though it was running as the engines were so loud, brilliant sounds by the way. 

On a later flight today I shut down the engines using the fuel control levers on the centre pedestal, but in the external view the engines were still running, they only stopped after turning off the fuel pump switches.

I also had no Virtual Cockpit views except the captains, but while writing this I noticed you have corrected this, so thank you.

Also is there any way to hide the control column in the cockpit, which you usually have as a sneaky hidden click spot somewhere? I can't find any reference in the manual to this.

I noticed in the cockpit there is a small placard with V1, VR and V2 speeds but no speed shown, is there some way to generate these speeds and get them to appear on this card? That would be useful.

While I was in the cruise today I managed to get the autopilot to work fine, and I read in the manual about the pitch control, but I appear to have to set the pitch up or down and then use the Alt switch to lock the pitch attitude to keep it flying at that pitch, is that correct?

Lastly during push back today, I use GSX, the tug drove up to the nose wheel but appeared to stop about 3 meters short, then started pushing with a gap between the nose wheel and push back bar. Is there something in the aircraft cfg which thinks the nose wheel is in a different place to where it actually is?

I guess this last point could be a support issue but I am not sure if you already know about my other comments already.

I don't want my comments above to sound like I am complaining or anything, I really do think this is a great product and it hand flies brilliantly, and that night lighting is beautiful.

Anyway maybe someone can tell me if I need to raise a ticket or not. Thank you once again for a lovely aircraft.
Happy Flying

David Phillips
TimSim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimSim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 9:35pm
Hi David,

You can hide the yoke by clicking on the right hand red safety cover just below the Radio Magnetic Indicator on the main panel.
as to GSX I think there are settings within their own control panel to adjust where ground services appear in relation to the aircraft doors etc.

Hope that helps

Tim
stretch1365 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretch1365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 7:16am
Hi Tim,

Thanks for that information on the Yoke click spot I will check it out in a few minutes. As for the Nose Wheel and Push back truck, I agree that gsx has it's own way to set up the stairs to the doors and also the push back, but I think it reads the locations from the aircraft cfg by default, I am not sure but usually you don't have to touch it.

Anyway thanks for the yoke click spot.
Happy Flying

David Phillips
stretch1365 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretch1365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 8:02am
Hi all,

Thanks for that hidden yoke click spot Tim, it worked a treat.

One of my other comments regarding the push back truck I have sorted too. It wasn't an issue with the BAC 1-11 at all but GSX, so my apologies if my comment came across that way as a fault of Just Flights.

Basically GSX didn't have a profile for the BAC 1-11 so used a default one, I think maybe the 737. If anyone is interested you need to go into GSX and "customise Aircraft" click on the nose wheel spot and you will see a figure of about 9.3 I think it was. This is the distance from the aircraft centre to the nose wheel. Looking in the Just Flight aircraft cfg at the contact points I saw one at 7.57 and tried this, it worked first time. 

So now my Push Back Truck actually makes contact with the Nose Gear woohoo. This plane just gets better!

Happy Flying

David Phillips
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by stretch1365 stretch1365 wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for that hidden yoke click spot Tim, it worked a treat.

One of my other comments regarding the push back truck I have sorted too. It wasn't an issue with the BAC 1-11 at all but GSX, so my apologies if my comment came across that way as a fault of Just Flights.

Basically GSX didn't have a profile for the BAC 1-11 so used a default one, I think maybe the 737. If anyone is interested you need to go into GSX and "customise Aircraft" click on the nose wheel spot and you will see a figure of about 9.3 I think it was. This is the distance from the aircraft centre to the nose wheel. Looking in the Just Flight aircraft cfg at the contact points I saw one at 7.57 and tried this, it worked first time. 

So now my Push Back Truck actually makes contact with the Nose Gear woohoo. This plane just gets better!

Great to hear and glad you're enjoying it. 
Debowing View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 6:46am
The sounds from the engines were audible also for me once I closed the fuel valves on the pedestal in the external view. They disappeared when I closed the overhead fuel valves.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic