This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bulk processing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electric man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulk processing
    Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 7:55am
Does anyone now a way to bulk process flightplans? reason; Doha changed airports from OTBD to OTHH and so did Bangkok from VTBD to VTBS and I want the traffic going to the new airport instead of the old.
Did add both airports to T360 and already tried AIFP but that crashes with the aischedule.bgl so I guess the flightplans from T360 have a different format,

best regards Herman
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 11:06am
Herman,

I assume that you have successfully 'created' usable airports OTHH and VTBS that function in FSX i.e. you can position yourself at the airports, etc?

In T360, the flight schedules are held in .tcc files within the T360 file system but there is no way to edit them from within T360 (a big mistake I think by Just Flight). But you could, using Windows 'find-and-replace techniques', open the various .tcc files and change all references to the original codes and replace with the new codes - make copies of the original files for safety reasons. A new T360 compile will be needed after you complete this.

Or,

You should be able to open 'ai-traffic.bgl' (the AI file that T360 puts on your system) in AIFP and thereby change the references, but maybe, in your case, the file is too big for your computer to handle in AIFP. I have just tested this out on my system and AIFP has succeeded in reading the file in and I have saved the .txt files for flightplans, airports and aircraft - the files look OK to me.
You could now use AIFP to change the airport references (or do a find-and-replace on the 'flightplans.txt' file) and recompile to a new .bgl and change the name of the original to stop it being read by FSX. Obviously you would now not be able to create a new .bgl from T360 unless you want to go thru this process again!

Which method you choose is going to be long-winded I guess but you should be able to do what you need - good luck!
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
electric man View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electric man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 1:27pm
Did try the second for Qatar airlines and that worked, looks like it is going to be a big work to find out which airlines come to both airports to change everything and create enough traffic there,thanks for a solution

Herman
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 9:49pm
Congratulations on starting your quest - lots of persons before you have put MANY hours into getting Traffic X and Traffic 360 to work in the ways they wanted. You have 'joined the club'.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by RayM RayM wrote:

Congratulations on starting your quest - lots of persons before you have put MANY hours into getting Traffic X and Traffic 360 to work in the ways they wanted. You have 'joined the club'.

Here, here!

I'm one such (Traffic X) user who's put in countless hours ... of MANUAL editing ... but I've been careful to ensure that my manual edits can still be imported/read by the Traffic X program for compiling and file naming/sorting/storage purposes. It's possible, with Traffic X at least, to do this. (I hope the same holds true for Traffic 360, but, not having the program myself, I don't know.)

Welcome to the 'club' electric man. However, a small, friendly word of warning (in a good way) ... once you start down the path of successfully adding and editing flight plans and schedules, the fulfilment and reward you get from seeing and enjoying the results of your work are well worth it ... meaning that it can become very addictive!

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electric man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 5:22am
Did do Qatar and now all the traffic before was on the old airport is now on the new one. For Bangkok it was another problem since T360 doesn't have any traffic or almost any going to the old airport, looks like Thailand is a forgotten place in T360 but solved that with World of AI which works great together with T360 and now all airports are pretty busy, thanks guys for showing me the way and the nice comments

Herman
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by electric man electric man wrote:

Did do Qatar and now all the traffic before was on the old airport is now on the new one. For Bangkok it was another problem since T360 doesn't have any traffic or almost any going to the old airport, looks like Thailand is a forgotten place in T360 but solved that with World of AI which works great together with T360 and now all airports are pretty busy, thanks guys for showing me the way and the nice comments

Herman

I was curious about your latest and did a search on the T360 .tcc files that come as default. Here is what I discovered -

- schedules for VTBD exist in the .tcc files in the following folders -

Military flights 2012
Spring schedule 2012
Summer schedule 2007
Winter schedule 2011
Winter schedule 2013
A total of 97 .tcc files were found.

- schedules for OTBD exist in the .tcc files in the following folders -

Military flights 2012
Spring schedule 2012
Summer schedule 2007
Summer schedule 2011
Summer schedule 2012
Winter schedule 2011
Winter schedule 2013
A total of 134 .tcc files were found

(Each .tcc file is for an airline/operator within the folder.)

So it is NOT that T360 doesn't cover your airports, it just depends on what selection had been made when an AI compilation was made in T360.

When I was looking at the T360 workings a year or two ago, I came to the conclusion that the default AI .bgl had been compiled using the combination -

Military flights 2012, plus
Summer schedule 2012, plus
Winter schedule 2011 - but I may be wrong in my memory here.

As you can see, I am curious that you didn't find many flights at VTBD. There are, for example, 12 C-130 flights in the Military section and over 60 Thai Airways flights.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electric man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 1:17pm
Hi Ray, I only use the Winter schedule 2013, from default T360 normally compiles Military flights, Summer 2012 and Winter 2013 but ( these are the ones that are standard checked ) but if I click compile with that then T360 control center crashes. As for the military schedule; for Brussels there are multiple A300 airbuses taking off after each other, Belgium however has only one ( in the past a A330 and that one has been exchanged for the A320 because to big and to expensive )so not really realistic and to much schedules activated creates to many same flights so I stick to one as is in the real world and as was in my previous UT2 add on

Herman
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 1:31am
Originally posted by RayM RayM wrote:

... In T360, the flight schedules are held in .tcc files within the T360 file system ... But you could, using Windows 'find-and-replace techniques', open the various .tcc files and change all references to the original codes and replace with the new codes - make copies of the original files for safety reasons. A new T360 compile will be needed after you complete this.

Originally posted by electric man electric man wrote:

... looks like it is going to be a big work to find out which airlines come to both airports to change everything and create enough traffic there.

I should have mentioned this earlier, but, considering the search function in Windows was ruined by Microsoft after Windows XP, making it difficult to find the contents inside files (for example, finding the text "OTHH" or "VTBS" inside the .TCC files), a neat utility for doing this quickly and easily is a freeware program called SearchMyFiles. This program is a single EXE that doesn't need to be installed and leaves no traces in your Windows Registry etc. It's fast, magic and very powerful. I find it invaluable for searching inside .TCC files to find airport identifiers, aircraft types, and just about anything else.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 9:57pm
Freddy,

I use a program called "Agent Ransack" which I also find invaluable.
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 10:57am
I ported all my traffic edits from Traffic X to Traffic 360 by copying the .ttc files. In fact I'd used the tcc files to make the changes in Traffic X as the built in UI is so confusing. I'm sure the people who wrote it understand it, but it isn't especially intuitive.

In my experience the ai traffic .bgl file compiles the schedule files you select. I didn't select the Military schedule and they don't appear in my ai traffic. As I recall, I only selected the latest Summer and Winter schedule files.

Kevin
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by kevinh kevinh wrote:

I ported all my traffic edits from Traffic X to Traffic 360 by copying the .ttc files. In fact I'd used the tcc files to make the changes in Traffic X as the built in UI is so confusing. I'm sure the people who wrote it understand it, but it isn't especially intuitive.

I am intrigued by this statement as a schedule in a TX .tcc file contains information pointing to a specific TX aircraft to be used by that schedule. If ported over to T360, the aircraft specified won't be in T360 as all of the aircraft titles are different. As a result, I would have assumed that compiling would fail? Are you really using TX .tcc files in T360 or have you had to do some massive 'aircraft title' name substitutions?

At least the TX TCC UI for altering flight schedules allows you to edit ALL of the supplied schedules whereas the T360 TCC UI only allows you to ADD extra schedules (which can be edited) but, without 'moving' files in the various folders, it is not possible to edit any of the schedules in the 'pre-determined year' groups.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 2:20am
I too am curious about this statement of using the Traffic X files to porting them to Traffic 360.

As Ray points out, Traffic X uses a file called "AircraftTypes.csv" which contains specific names for the Traffic X Ai aircraft.  For example, a Traffic X Qantas B737-800 might be named "TX_B738_QFA" and a Traffic X British Airways BAe 146-200 might be named "TX_BAE146_BA". (I made those two names up for the sake of this discussion.)  In addition, all of the aircraft named in that "AircraftTypes.csv" file are also numbered with a corresponding "ACxxx" number (where "AC" stands for Aircraft).  For example, AC1302="TX_B738_QFA" and AC1625="TX_BAE146_BA".  (Again, I made those numbers up for the sake of this discussion.)  (Note that each time you do a compile, using the Traffic X interface, the "AircraftTypes.csv" file is recreated and the ACxxx numbers can, and do, change.)

Now, in the "Schedules.dat" file (a text based file that Traffic X creates when you do a compile), each of the aircraft are referenced using the ACxxx numbers.  This would be done for simplicity and filesize reasons when working with schedules files, not to mention making it easier to parse the file when compiling is done.

For the sim, the "TX_B738_QFA" and "TX_BAE146_BA" names used by Traffic X, from the "AircraftTypes.csv" file, correspond to (match with) the TITLE= parameter in the AI plane's corresponding aircraft.cfg file.  In other words, not only will you find the names "TX_B738_QFA" and "TX_BAE146_BA" in Traffic X's "AircraftTypes.csv" file, but you will also find TITLE=TX_B738_QFA and TITLE=TX_BAE146_BA in the respective aircraft.cfg files for the AI Boeing 737-800 and AI British Aerospace 146.  By some magic, all of this name matching, and the use of ACxxx numbering, somehow results in a compiled .BGL file which loads the appropriate aircraft and liveries in to the sim.

So ...

Taking the Traffic X .TCC files and porting them in to Traffic 360 would only work if Traffic 360 is using the same "TX_B738_QFA" and "TX_BAE146_BA" names in its own files ... as well as having the same corresponding AI aircraft.cfg files which contain the matching TITLE= names.  This is entirely plausible and possible.  For Traffic 360, Just Flight may have opted to merely update only the LIVERIES, but kept the Traffic X names and respective aircraft.cfg files; then adding a modified interface and seasonal schedules.  It makes sense to do that because all the hard work had already been done for Traffic X and there'd be no sense to redo it all again.  If this was the case, simply copying the .TCC files from Traffic X, and porting those to Traffic 360, would work fine.  Of course, the other option for Just Flight would be to search-and-replace the names to something like, say, "T360_B738_QFA" and "T360_BAE146_BA" which would differentiate them from Traffic X.  If that was the case, copying the .TCC files from Traffic X, and porting those to Traffic 360, would possibly NOT work fine ... the compile might indeed work if it's only using ACxxx numbers  but it would be using Traffic 360 names and liveries which MAY NOT MATCH to those that Traffic X was using  especially considering Traffic 360 ADDED more planes in than what Traffic X originally had  all resulting in incorrect aircraft types and liveries appearing (or not) at different airports in the sim ... everything would be "out of whack" so to speak.  And, speaking of Traffic 360 adding more planes than what Traffic X originally had; those planes won't exist in the Traffic X .TCC files unless you own and installed all of the appropriate Traffic X Expansion Packs. So the potential for mis-matches occurs there as well.

The bottom line?  I haven't seen the Traffic 360 files ... so I have no way to know if Just Flight ARE using the same Traffic X aircraft names and aircraft.cfg files, all matching with the same ACxxx names, OR NOT.  So, do the .TCC files from Traffic X all match up with the details contained in the files from Traffic 360?  I don't know.

I hope I haven't confused anyone here, or gone in a bit too deep with the explanation of how it might work (or not).  But, if you're still reading this and I haven't lost you, and you followed everything above, then you probably now understand why Ray and I are thinking "How the heck can that work?"

Smile

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 7:45am
Freddy,
be advised that as you suspect T360 aircraft titles are ALL different to the ones in TX - an example of an 'equivalent' aircraft -

TX     JFAI_TX_B7378_RYN2
T360   JFAI_B737-800_RYR_2_g1

and they are all like this.
So, simply porting TX .tcc files into T360 cannot, as I see it, work when it comes to compiling.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 9:02pm
Ahh.  It makes sense.

I figured that would be the case.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic