This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noob question about AI BGL priority

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquilam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noob question about AI BGL priority
    Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 4:31pm
I've been using Traffic 360's default traffic with FSX-SE with great success. Before my latest flight I used World-of-AI Installer to add AI traffic for two additional airlines, resulting in two new traffic BGLs in my World Scenery folder. However, when I flew FSX, the only AI traffic in the air was the traffic most recently added with World-of-AI Installer.

Removing the two new traffic BGLs from my World Scenery folder restored Traffic 360's default traffic.

So apparently there's something I don't understand about how FSX handles traffic BGLs. I thought you could have multiple traffic BGLs and they would peacefully co-exist, however in my one experience it appears that FSX acknowledged only the newest traffic BGL added via World-of-AI Installer and ignored the others.

This (enthusiastic) noob is confused. 
Aquilam View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquilam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 7:18pm
Okay, looks like the issue was that the traffic BGLs I created with World-of-AI Installer (v2.04) were in FS9 format, at least that's what AIFP thought, and after letting AIFP work its conversion magic all traffic BGLs are active now.

I learned from another forum that if you have both FS9 and FSX traffic files installed, FSX will choose to run one version but not both.

Maybe I missed a step with World-of-AI Installer, but I thought I was careful to select FSX as the target sim.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:10pm
yup, it sure was the same old mixture of FS9 and FSX AI BGLs. Keep an eye open for stray FS9 files!
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic