This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just Flight Hawk - Flight Test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Burnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just Flight Hawk - Flight Test
    Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:39pm
I had really looked forward to this aircraft only to be disappointed when it would not run on my old PC (low frame rates). So I upgraded with a new AMD MB + Processor only to find it still would not run (still low frame rates). Not to be defeated, I returned the AMD FX8370e for a refund and purchased a Asus Z97 Pro gamer MB - Socket 1150 + Pentium G3528 + 16GB Mem, Sucess!

I am running Windows 7 on one SSD and FSX on another SSD.

Settings FSX:
Graphics set to High + Anti Aliasing - On + Lens Flare - Off + Unlimited Frame Rates.
Scenery set to High + Autogen Scenery - Off.
Aircraft set to 15% + 0% Cars, Ships, etc.

Results:
At 12000ft 100+FPS. Even down low 80-100+FPS.

So really pleased. Not sure why the AMD rig performed so badly, I think this may have been the poor single thread performance of the 8370e and the old memory I was using.

So to everyone who has been having frame rate problems an 1150 socket i5 3.2ghz is certainly sufficent.

Any way now the flight test. The SP1 update has certainly improved the flight dynamics and the aircraft is now a joy to fly. On takeoff, rotating at 90 -120 knots with mid flaps set, she lifts off perfectly, no more over rotation. Landing is also very easy, as it should be with a trainer. The only issue that I can find is the constant large trim change needed due to a change in pitch because of an increase/decrease in airspeed. Whilst I accept there will always be changes with different airspeeds, it does seem to be a bit excessive bearing in mind that this is a training aircraft. However this may actually be the case with the aircraft, so it would be great to get the view from a real Hawk pilot.

As regards those folk who have problems steering, I have set up one of the hat switches on my Saitek X45 for the differential brakes as the Lightning also has no nose wheel steering. Just practise you will get the hang of it.

To the Just Flight Team well done. A few more tweeks are probably needed, but on the whole this is a superb aircraft. Now how about a Jet Provost, Gnat, Sea Vixen, Hunter, Buccaneer, the list is endless!!!!!

Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 4:39pm
Thanks for the kind words Pete and for the list of suggestions too.  No promises though. :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic