This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aircraft.cfg Files

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silentsage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aircraft.cfg Files
    Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 10:06pm
Just Flight -

What is the difference between the "Aircraft" and "Aircraft standard" configuration files.

FYI, with the service pack, the Hawk is the aircraft we hoped it would be - good job.
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 11:38pm
One is set to work with the HawkT1.air file with real world co-efficients and reactions from the aircraft in 'sensible' weather conditions (the whole FSX weather system is aimed for over-damped aircraft and is far too strong in effect) - if you are using add-on weather, drop the effects of wind and turbulence down to about 10%, it will be beneficial!

If you use the FSX weather engine or are determined not to adjust your add-on weather to sensible levels, then there is the 'extra stable' version which should make the aircraft fly the same as the normal version but, to be honest, feels a bit 'dead' in its reactions. I seriously would suggest adjusting your weather rather than adjusting the aircraft!
silentsage View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silentsage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 11:49pm
Delta558 -

Thanks. I long ago disabled all turbulence effects in P3D and in add-on weather (AS16). They are not realistic and an annoyance.

My understanding from your note, then, is that if I want as realistic a flight dynamics model I should use the "Aircraft.cfg". Or should I use the "Aircraft.cfg standard" file?

Thanks again.
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 11:56pm
From what I have been told, the release package of SP1 ships with the 'normal' files set up as standard and you have to use the switching tool to get the 'extra stable' ones.

Hope you enjoy, glad you have already sorted the weather!

Paul.

Geronimo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geronimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 10:05am
Hello Just Flight Support

Are you aware that the 'Aircraft_standard.cfg' contains all sections (e.g. [General]) twice. This is obvious if you look at the size of 'Aircraft_standard.cfg' (46kB) and Aircraft_Xstable.cfg' (23 kB) as well as if you look into the 'Aircraft_standard.cfg'. FSX can handle it but this will be rather confusing if somebody wants to change a little detail in the aircraft configuration.
Regards
Geronimo
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 1:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic