This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GPS unit blue screen?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKJim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GPS unit blue screen?
    Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 9:05am
Hi,

So I like the Hawk at the moment, but when I press the power button on the GPS unit, it just turns screen blue and nothing powers up? This is after engine start etc so it should work.

Am I missing a switch or something?

Thanks
UKJim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKJim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 9:09am
OK I found the issue - master avionics in my default flight was turned off (cold and dark 172) - switching this on and loading the hawk sorts this out.
Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 2:08pm
The other option is to use the lightning strike in the config options box. I'm guessing this will sort out things like the master avionics anomaly.
UKJim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKJim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 6:57pm
Just an update - the good guys at JF sent me a fix to test - this worked, they said it will be rolled out in the next service pack.

For now, either option above is all good :)

Happy flying!
BillC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 7:57am
Originally posted by UKJim UKJim wrote:

Just an update - the good guys at JF sent me a fix to test - this worked, they said it will be rolled out in the next service pack.

For now, either option above is all good :)

Happy flying!

Thanks UKJim.

..and to the crew - I'm another one with no nav lights - and the 'faded' front landing light.

I'd like to think that they'd be in the service pack too ?

SP1 is brilliant. Thank a lot, guys.

Regards
Bill

BillC
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW
nev1965 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nev1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 1:09pm
I had the blue screen on the GPS. My solution was to go into FSX controls menu and attach the Avionics Master (on/Off) to a keyboard command ( I used SHIFT ' ) thus preventing the need to change aircraft to do this.
Any one you can hobble away from . . . .
Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 6:46pm
i found that this fix only last ...once airborn .. it goes back to the blue screen1
 then repressing the shift ' brings it back
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic