This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > TB10 Tobago and TB20 Trinidad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine is running then dies on loadup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zigarten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine is running then dies on loadup
    Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 6:52pm
I just realized this forum, had posted on SOH too. Can't seem to keep the engine running, or even started.Maybe there's a trick somewhere I'm not seeing? I've reviewed the engine starting in the manual with nothing that I haven't done.

Anyone had an issue?

Gord
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 3:35pm
Please install the latest version of the product - http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/f9351be
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 9:24am
I've just replied on SOH:

Have you tried the 'Ready for takeoff' option as suggested by Cees and looked at this FAQ? http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/0705dce

If you have and still can't get the engine started, please contact our support team.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
briannorwich View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briannorwich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 9:30am
I have the same problem in FSX Steam, but it works in plain old FSX!! Have tried suggestions to no effect - the engine is running when the aircraft loads, and then dies.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 12:17pm
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
jfsp View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 7:26pm
Hi,
I have the same problem with the dying engine (FSX with SP2). After some experiments I found out that whenever the TB10 or the TB 20 were loaded, a section in the file "JF_TB20.cfg" in Subfolder "SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Socata_TB20\Panel" was changed.

Directly after a fresh install, the end of this file looked like this:
[QTY]
TKS=8.0
OIL=13.3

After having loaded TB10 or TB20 for the first time, the entry was changed to:
[QTY]
TKS=0.000000
OIL=0.000000
and the engine didn't start anymore.
After changing the QTY section back to the initial values, the engine came up again just fine.
So finally I can fly the airplanes. But this really looks like a bug as I suppose editing config files before every flight was not the way it's meant to be Smile

Kind Regards,
Juergen
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 7:30pm
Those values should only be updated once a flight in the TB10/TB20 has ended (FS closed or another aircraft selected) and they shouldn't be zero under normal circumstances. If you haven't already done it, please submit a support ticket and we will look into what could be causing that.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
jfsp View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 7:45pm
ok will do so tomorrow.

Regards,
Juergen
Zigarten View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zigarten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

I've just replied on SOH:

Have you tried the 'Ready for takeoff' option as suggested by Cees and looked at this FAQ? http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/0705dce

If you have and still can't get the engine started, please contact our support team.

Will do tonight! Thanks, Gord
MaxPavo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxPavo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 12:17am
Originally posted by jfsp jfsp wrote:

Hi,
I have the same problem with the dying engine (FSX with SP2). After some experiments I found out that whenever the TB10 or the TB 20 were loaded, a section in the file "JF_TB20.cfg" in Subfolder "SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Socata_TB20\Panel" was changed.

Directly after a fresh install, the end of this file looked like this:
[QTY]
TKS=8.0
OIL=13.3

Thanks for the post:  I spent 2 hours trying to figure out why the engine would not start.
- same issue as reported "engine dies sputters, and will not start" 
Once i modified the JF_tb20.CFG and added the necessary values back - the engine stats.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 3:35pm
Please install the latest version of the product - http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/f9351be
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Zigarten View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zigarten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 5:56am
Finally got to it today, seems to be ok. I noticed some panel state saving going on but I didn't get a chance to investigate further. So far though up and away!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic