This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > TB10 Tobago and TB20 Trinidad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gorgeous TB20 - but the TB10 needs some work.....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gorgeous TB20 - but the TB10 needs some work.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb10driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gorgeous TB20 - but the TB10 needs some work.....
    Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 11:10am
Congratulations, JustFlight, on a beautiful and accurate rendition of the TB20. It looks fantastic and flies beautifully - worth every penny of the price alone.

But I purchased this download because it was advertised as having the TB10 as well. Indeed the plane I part own - G-CBHA - is one of the TB10 paint liveries. There's even a separate folder labelled JF_Socata_TB10 but it hasn't got a TB10 in it. Instead it contains the same TB20 model and airfile, with the textures and aircraft.cfg modified for a fixed undercarriage.

150kts at 75% cruise power and 18US gals/hour in a TB10? I don't think so. Idle power to maintain the glideslope with full flap? Mmmmmmm.

And my heart sank when I saw that the panel is simply aliased to the TB20 panel. They are very different animals.

Anyway, by swapping the air and cfg files for the old Premier Aircraft Design TB10, it flies a bit more like the real thing. But, really, we shouldn't be having to do this sort of thing ourselves.

The TB20 is a beauty and well worth it, but I'm sorry, if you're looking for a TB10 sim, you'll find this one very, very disappointing.

Dave
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 12:30pm
Thanks for the feedback Dave. The TB10 has a different cockpit and exterior model, FDE and sounds to the TB20. 

We are in contact with some TB10 pilots regarding improvements to the TB10 FDE. If you have any specific feedback regarding the FDE or cockpit configuration then we'd be glad to hear from you (send me a PM or contact our support team). 
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
tb10driver View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb10driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 1:45pm
Thanks, Martyn, yes, perhaps I was a bit sweeping in my generalisations!

But, as always with your brilliant products, I have every confidence that it'll come good eventually.

Dave
J-L Coussot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-L Coussot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 9:47am
Hello,

I just buyed your TB10/TB20 and made some first flights with both models. The exteriors and interiors are really nices, and the global handling seems quite fine.

I will have to built a 2D panel, because I use a home cockpit, but I knowed that before buying.
It is just a little desapointing to see that some features don't use the standard FSX controls, as some switches (fuel pump, landing lights...), so it will not be easy to use the physical switches of my cockpit.

About the flight model, I agree with tb10driver. It was a long time ago, but I flew TB9, TB10 and TB20 in France in the 90th years, and your TB10 fly really too fast. Your "flight computer" is a nice feature, and it allows to see that the planes doesn't fly as the performance charts in the manual says. At normal altitude for a short flight 3000 fts QNH), flying "23/23" (PA 23 and 2300 RPM) should give around 120 kts IAS, and we have more than 140... And I agree that with full flaps, more power is needed to maintain the approach path in the real airplane. The flight model need to be updated.

I also have a problem with EGT in both TB10 and TB20 models : At low altitudes, with normal RPM/Admition pressure like 23/23, and mixture full rich, the EGT needle is stuck at top of the gauge, and it is impossible to lower EGT using the mixture lever. This does'nt seem normal.

I will continue to test your nices Tobago/Trinidad. I will tell you if I see some other perfectible items.

Best regards

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis Coussot
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 12:13pm
Thanks Jean-Louis, I'll pass your feedback to the FDE developer. If possible, please submit any issues and/or feedback directly to our support team so we can guarantee to see it and log it.

With regards to controls, the light switches etc should function using standard FS assignments. Please send us details of exactly which controls you aren't able to control and I'll look into it.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
J-L Coussot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-L Coussot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 12:19pm
Hi Martyn,

Thank you for your answer, I will note all what I see. Please, tell me how to send this to yout support team (may be in a MP if it is an e-mail adress). I will look at this ASAP.

Best regards

Jean-Louis
Jean-Louis Coussot
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 12:35pm
Thanks! You can contact them using this form - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Alternatively PM me.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic