This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to AH2, with some plane questions.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MB3335 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to AH2, with some plane questions.
    Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 7:20pm

Hi everyone, (or should I say fellow air hauler competitors ;) ). I am new to AH and am really loving it. The program is designed well, runs great, and is a blast to play! I have a couple of questions and am hoping this awesome AH community can help me out.

1. What are the most efficient and effective default cargo planes in the small to medium class (up to king air 350) in AH?

I only have one 1 pay ware plane, which is my Twin Comanche, which I own in real life (hence why I have it). I really enjoy the plane and it is modeled (flying) well in FX-SE. (as a small side complaint/issue I have with AH2 with the twin Comanche is AH2 under estimates the range, over estimates the fuel burn, and vastly underestimates the cargo load it can do. It’s not a huge issue, but just a side note from a true Twin Comanche owner. I can get a little over 1300NM range with full fuel running lean of peak cruise settings, with still about 800lbs left. Mind you, I also have a few “Knots to you” mods but they are VERY common on Twin Comanches. Again, this is just a friendly side note.) That all being said, I would love to know what the AH2 communite’s experience and wisidom is with the best (most efficient and effective) default cargo planes in the small to medium class is and why?

2. What are some of the best (the most efficient, effective, and FUN) freeware cargo planes in the small to medium class (up to something like the DASH 8) in AH?
     I downloaded the free Turbo Beaver and Twin Otter, which are fun but I’m just wondering if there are some other really great freeware cargo planes in the Sim universe. In particular, I like twin engine prop or turboprop planes like the Cessna 340, 421, 425, 441, etc, or the King Airs, or Piper Chieftains, Navajos, Cheyannes, MU2, etc, or a good Cessna 206.

3. What are the best (the most efficient, effective, and FUN) Payware cargo planes in the small to medium class (up to something like Kingair C90 in AH?
     I was looking at possibly either the Carenado C90 GTX or the Chieftain as they both look like great and fun planes to fly in real life as well as in their sim capacities. I would love to know if they are also efficient and effective planes in AH2. If not, please let me know what you all think WOULD be fun and good planes for AH2. In particular, I like twin engine prop or turboprop planes.

4. Are there any good side programs or spreadsheets that you all use in determining the best cargo run to maximize profitability or flight planning?

5. Are that any good websites, articles or anything you all would recommended for me?
     I know there is a “portal” that has all the importable planes with all their stats, but I think it is only for AH1 people. The addresses is “http://www.airhauler.net/portal/”, but I can’t seem to see it. I did check out “http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6639&PN=6&title=what-does-it-cost-how-much-does-it-carry” which has great info and enjoyed reading, but again, it always talked about and referenced this great and mysterious “portal” that has ALL the planes listed. I would love access to this portal, so if anyone knows how or where this portal or info is, please let me know!

I know I have a lot of questions here, but I have tried going through the forums, google searches, ect and never quite got these questions answered. Again, thank you ALL for your help and being a great community. Thanks!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic