This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hawk T1 - First Flight Form 700

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 226OCU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawk T1 - First Flight Form 700
    Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 1:40pm
Just completed my first test flight from Valley in the new release Hawk. Great work, chaps.

Not much to sign off on the 700:

1.I find the sound disappears when switching from virtual cockpit    to follow spot modes.

2. Flight manual is pretty murky about identifying the GTS start button and the engine start button.

3. Air Brake button on throttle is mentioned in text but not indicated on the controls diagram.

3. Handling is slightly sensitive.

But all in all, a fantastic effort. I need to get some in now and work my way towards passing a TWU Course!

Cheers,
Rick
BillC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by 226OCU 226OCU wrote:

Just completed my first test flight from Valley in the new release Hawk. Great work, chaps.

Not much to sign off on the 700:

1.I find the sound disappears when switching from virtual cockpit    to follow spot modes.

2. Flight manual is pretty murky about identifying the GTS start button and the engine start button.

3. Air Brake button on throttle is mentioned in text but not indicated on the controls diagram.

3. Handling is slightly sensitive.

But all in all, a fantastic effort. I need to get some in now and work my way towards passing a TWU Course!

Cheers,

Rick..

It is a beautiful machine. All praise go to the team. It is a real 'in-depth' simulation -
even the RAT displays a level of detail that is awe-inspiring. I haven't noticed any
problems with my frame rates with this Hawk.

I'd love to hear how long this project took from it's start. I'm very impressed.
I'm pretty sure that this aircraft will be a 'standard' for some time.Thumbs Up

Ok, I agree that it's got a few minor bugs, which I'm sure the team will put right. It is a really
fantastic aircraft.

I'm having a problem trying to read the manual on one monitor whilst flying it on
my main display. I haven't got enough eyes.....

Regards
Bill

BillC
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW
226OCU View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 226OCU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 9:06am
Bill,

I agree, it's a great little aircraft to fly. I'm trying to reconfigure my joystick a little (Rhino x55) to stop the porpoising on finals....a little better, but there is a natural tendency to pull back on the stick when the nose goes down!

I love the challenge of a new aircraft though. I'm sure all will be fine in the end. JF have done a great job with the Canberra, how can this one miss?!

Cheers,

Rick
226OCU View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 226OCU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 9:07am
Bill,

I agree, it's a great little aircraft to fly. I'm trying to reconfigure my joystick a little (Rhino x55) to stop the porpoising on finals....a little better, but there is a natural tendency to pull back on the stick when the nose goes down!

I love the challenge of a new aircraft though. I'm sure all will be fine in the end. JF have done a great job with the Canberra, how can this one miss?!

Cheers,

Rick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic