This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hawk T1 Aileron Control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawk T1 Aileron Control
    Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 1:07pm
Guys - I cannot control the Hawk's ailerons at all.

Pitch control is working, both with the stick & pitch up/pitch down buttons
The stick is working - it controls the pilots' heads and cockpit control column -
they all move perfectly. I have no control over the ailerons, except with the
keyboard Ctrl/left arrow & Ctrl/Right arrow, which is a little inconvenient, as
you can imagine.

Tried my CH yoke - exactly the same problem.

Change 'in flight' to another aircraft (Cherokee 180) and all controls are perfect -
both the T16000 and the yoke work fine. A P3d restart/system reboot is not required.

I've tested with a 'Cold & Dark' startup, and the hidden quick start - no change.
The problems persist.

I've had to return to my Skysim T1. It works perfectly.Cry

Hope that you can help.

Regards
Bill

BillC
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW
otooleg@aol.com View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otooleg@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 2:21pm
Having similar issues - no control of the nosewheel on the ground?
otooleg@aol.com View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otooleg@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 2:23pm
Checked controls on the ground but nosewheel refuses to cooperate - cannot taxi currently? Equally throttle control on joystick - reduce power to zero seems to have no effect on the throttle control of the aircraft?:

BillC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by otooleg@aol.com otooleg@aol.com wrote:

Checked controls on the ground but nosewheel refuses to cooperate - cannot taxi currently? Equally throttle control on joystick - reduce power to zero seems to have no effect on the throttle control of the aircraft?:

Their is a post explaining re the nosewheel steering - the T1 doesn't have it. Differential braking
is used.
BillC
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by BillC BillC wrote:

Guys - I cannot control the Hawk's ailerons at all.

Pitch control is working, both with the stick & pitch up/pitch down buttons
The stick is working - it controls the pilots' heads and cockpit control column -
they all move perfectly. I have no control over the ailerons, except with the
keyboard Ctrl/left arrow & Ctrl/Right arrow, which is a little inconvenient, as
you can imagine.

Tried my CH yoke - exactly the same problem.

Change 'in flight' to another aircraft (Cherokee 180) and all controls are perfect -
both the T16000 and the yoke work fine. A P3d restart/system reboot is not required.

I've tested with a 'Cold & Dark' startup, and the hidden quick start - no change.
The problems persist.

I've had to return to my Skysim T1. It works perfectly.Cry

Hope that you can help.

Regards
Bill

Set your simulators realism setting between 50-70% realism. That will sort your aileron control out.
HotelZulu
BillC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 6:44pm

[/QUOTE]
Set your simulators realism setting between 50-70% realism. That will sort your aileron control out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I've been using about 50%, but I found it a little 'iffy'.

I'm using a 7-way USB hub with individual switches, and I suspect that has been causing me
some problems. I seem to have sorted it.

I wouldn't mind the ailerons being available at less than 50% though...it's a steepish learning curve for me..Confused

This Hawk is rapidly becoming my favourite aircraft. Clap
Well done, guys.

Regards
Bill
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW

BillC
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic