This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hawk T1/A First Impressions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawk T1/A First Impressions
    Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 1:55pm
Well as with the Tonka, all the haters are quick to join the forum and chuck mud from day one.

Yes, some issue but a brilliant model (3D) and complete immersion. Yes documentation is an issue, but if you watch a 'real' hawk start-up on YouTube or follow this you will be set:

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30854&PID=205189&title=hawk-start-problem#205189

So the downsides - the flight model. It is bearable but not brilliant, personally I am finding issues with it being too reactive to turbulence from AS16 (default settings and not enhanced) and the trimmer is a little annoying, with it being too sensitive in pitch, certainly on rotation.

Other than that, it is a worth the 'investment' at this time and I am sure the first SPs will be along very soon.

Great plane.

cornish123 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 2:01pm
Good steady 50 - 60 FPS.

saunder View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 2:04pm
I agree I think it will soon turn into a very good investment!
wseben View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wseben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 2:27pm
I agree I was hoping to fly without errors and i was frustrated the firs time but yep i like it and wait for the service pack to released.  I am sure it's going to be a great product just like the tornado .So stay positive about this product. And yep the manual need some work SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
WJseben
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 3:15pm
Getting to like it more and more. Found a few more issues, it is possible to get the Airbrake out of sync with the In/Out lever on the throttle with the undercarriage down or on the ground, very minor.

Also in regards trim, well first - RTFM - then I find about -2 to -2.5 (nose up) for rotation works well and -6 is good for 130kts approach speed. Image below on how you can check this:

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 3:17pm
Also, I think the failures occur too often. Have turned them all off, had to get to them via the following path (FSX) as my installer did not install correct shortcuts under Windows 10:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Hawk_T1\panel

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 3:45pm
Yes, really enjoying this now.

Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 4:32pm
Just to address the comment about the aircraft's response to 'Real Weather' (of whichever type you have enabled). The turbulence effects and wind are massively overdone - they are designed for stock FS aircraft, the ones that 'run on rails', they are so steady! This Hawk has been developed using real-world coefficients, along the lines of many high-end products recently released by other developers. Therefore, it will get battered about if you run the weather in its 'standard' settings. I have turned my AS Next down to about 10% and find the result is quite okay.

Now, the need for doing this - the difference between the 'stock' aircraft and aircraft developed with real co-efficients - is that generally the stock aircraft are over damped, they are less responsive to external inputs. However, they are also less responsive to stick input and if you wish to do any decent formation flying or aerobatics you need far greater responsiveness than they are able to provide. You also need to use more care when flying them - our Hawk pilot told me "In flying aeros in the thing in real life, I probably never went past about 2/3 control deflection. Above that was the fighter jockey arena." so if you're pulling full aft stick you can expect some problems.

That said, I will admit to some pitch issues! Unfortunately, personal situations and a couple of other things got in the way during development and I did not get the chance to finish it as much as I wanted. I'm still working on it, many minor fixes have already been done and it certainly flies a lot nicer now on my computer and hopefully will on yours in the very near future.

Cheers,
Paul.
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by cornish123 cornish123 wrote:

all the haters are quick to join the forum and chuck mud from day one.

Haters? What do you mean by haters?
Are you referring to people who have paid good money for a product that should work, but doesn't?
Is wanting something that works, in return for your money, hateful? Is providing constructive feedback and criticism hateful?
I have confidence that Just Flight will solve these problems, but I just think, in my hateful way, that they should have done this before they released it.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 5:08pm
Thanks for the response Paul; yes all that does make sense, spent the whole day getting more used to the 'feel' and enjoying it more and more ...

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by petesmiffy petesmiffy wrote:

I have confidence that Just Flight will solve these problems, but I just think, in my hateful way, that they should have done this before they released it.

Agreed, but there are a lot of comments with poor 'verbage' going around. This is a study level simulation, not an arcade game and as was seen with the Tonka, a lot of people 'shoting off from the hip' which is something not akin to the simulation community in general.
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 5:21pm
Maybe, if Just Flight hadn't pushed this out late on a Friday there would be a little less frustration on this forum. But most people are trying to help, even if letting off a little steam at the same time.
I have just discovered that moving all the FSX difficulty sliders to between 50-70% percent helps a lot, especially with aileron control. If fact it makes it flyable. If only I could get more pitch control it might be landable.
bigfatron View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 5:23pm

Originally posted by petesmiffy petesmiffy wrote:

Agreed, but there are a lot of comments with poor 'verbage' going around. This is a study level simulation, not an arcade game and as was seen with the Tonka, a lot of people 'shoting off from the hip' which is something not akin to the simulation community in general.

To be fair, I think much of the criticism around the Tonka was (with some justification, its still not as good on frames as some of its equally complex peers) the performance of the product and not the aircraft itself. And I have to admit that as someone who bought the Tonka then that is pretty much why i'm not being an early adopter of the Hawk.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by bigfatron bigfatron wrote:

that is pretty much why i'm not being an early adopter of the Hawk.

But you want to really ...

;)

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 6:19pm
More fun in the T1 ...

bigfatron View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 10:55am

Originally posted by bigfatron bigfatron wrote:

that is pretty much why i'm not being an early adopter of the Hawk.

But you want to really ...

;)

I've had one Hawk already, the old Skysim one. Unfortunately I don't have it any longer as they went under and took the ability to activate it with them Angry  Only just paid out for the Milviz Phantom anyway, so that'll keep me occupied for a while.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic