This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A couple of teething issues with the Hawk T1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A couple of teething issues with the Hawk T1
    Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 11:17am
Hi, just bought the new Hawk T1 but I have come across a couple of bugs.  First one is that the Nav lights don't work but all other lights do and second which is more important, nose wheel steering doesn't work.

Also do you guys have a plans to include a start up guide and checklist?  I have read through the ops manual and understand whats the systems do but it doesn't tell you the correct order to get the plane from cold and dark on the ground all the way up to being in the air and back down again :)

Cheers
Henk Schuitemaker View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henk Schuitemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 11:43am
First, as in real life, the Hawk does not have nose wheel steering, it uses castored steering which means the pilot applies differential braking to steer at taxi speed. During take off roll as speed picks up, the rudder takes over.
Second, I just posted a Q&D start up guide on this forum:

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30854&PID=205189&title=hawk-start-problem#205189
Camo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 11:48am
Ahh ok cheers for that.  Quick question about castored steering.  I don't have rudder pedals, I use the X55 which have a twist stick, I use that for my rudder.  Is there a way I can set that up to use castored steering?

I use FSUIPC to set all my controls
Jamz8 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamz8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 11:49am
I am having the same issues but also i have no aileron control, the HUD doesn't work and the central AI doesn't move. I get the feeling that this product hasn't been tested at all.....
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henk Schuitemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 1:43pm
I use the Saitek X52 twist grip for rudders, keyboard for differential braking. My FSX control assignments for differential braking are:

Brakes (apply left) =  Num *
Brakes (apply right) =  Num -

If you do not have flight controls working, check the CWP HYD1/2 warnings. If they are lit up, the most likely reasons are:
1) You did not reset HYD 2 pressure during the start up procedure or allowed enough time for pressure to build up to the level which is required for flaps, ailerons and elevators to work.
2) The Failures Configuration tool is enabled and injected an hydraulics failure.

Camo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 4:22pm
Ok cheers for that
lowlevelRAF View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowlevelRAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 5:33pm
The Gun sight does work, need the weapons panel in the aircraft. But you may need to more the view point down to the see the Gun Sight.
vAir Officer Commanding vRAF.org/vRAF.net
MSPG Simulations - Scenery plus more for FSX! - http://www.mspgsimulations.com"
Jamz8 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamz8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 6:53pm
Thank you for your replies. I have no warnings on the cwp and the ailerons still don't work. Everything else to do with hydraulics works but not ailerons. I have turned failures off in the control panel. As for the gunfight, still nothing.
Jamz8 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamz8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 6:54pm
I also did reset hyd2
Jamz8 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamz8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 7:12pm
Aileron problem sorted- my realism settings were fairly low which for some reason stops the ailerons from working. The gunsight is still not functioning though......
lowlevelRAF View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowlevelRAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 7:38pm
Gun sight you turn on the mid rotating knob, between the drift and depression knobs, behind the cyclic, below the gyro control panel.
vAir Officer Commanding vRAF.org/vRAF.net
MSPG Simulations - Scenery plus more for FSX! - http://www.mspgsimulations.com"
Jamz8 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamz8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 7:46pm
Yep done that already-nothing
Speedstar View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 7:59pm
Another slight issue I can't see anyone else to have highlighted yet is the landing light. Anyone else experiencing a very dim light on the nose? It's so dim it looks more like white paint rather than a light.
Taffoon 62 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taffoon 62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 8:29pm
Yes the landing \ Taxi light is odd, that's one of the few things I don't like about it . I can live with it though .
Chris.
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 11:41pm
Deleted
Jeremyh View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 2:49pm
I have tried what you suggested to get the Ailerons  to work, but I am still having problems. I have checked and checked again, but dont seem to be doing anything wrong. Can you please advise.

CryCryOuch
Jeremy
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henk Schuitemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Jeremyh Jeremyh wrote:

I have tried what you suggested to get the Ailerons  to work, but I am still having problems. I have checked and checked again, but dont seem to be doing anything wrong. Can you please advise.

CryCryOuch

What about your Settings > Realism > Flight Model > General slider ? Ailerons do not work if this setting is too low, 70 - 100% should work fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic