This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hawk Start problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhunter87900 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 9:00pm
I am the exact same. Its really annoying.
Jamz8 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamz8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 9:17pm
I also have super sensitive pitch. To solve the roll problem, try setting all your realism sliders above 50% ideally 100%, it worked for me
andyleigh View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by kevinh kevinh wrote:

Originally posted by andyleigh andyleigh wrote:

Ok and the fuel stop cock is open IE down and forward ?
My first flight I just did ctrl E for FSX auto engine start. You could try that to see if it will start.
Also another thing you can try. Press shift +2 to get the setup panel. There is a button with lightning pic on it. Push that and it gets the aircraft set up for engine start. All you need do from there is go through the engine start as explained before but all switches should be set up correctly.
Unfortunately the "ready for start" state doesn't initialise the ignition system properly. You still need the FSX magnetos on. I can't get this to work from key assignments (the default M does nothing). However if you load the default Cessna and switch the battery and mags on that sets the missing ignition inputs. Then load the Hawk and the engine start will work.

I suspect the fact that some people can get it to start easier than others depends on their default flight. Mine is "cold and dark" so the power to ignition will be off. If your default flight has battery and ignition on the Hawk will start.

The only problem remaining with the start system is if you switch the start switch off the engine shuts down. No way that should happen (it doesn't control fuel). Obviously you can leave the switch ON but the logic is incorrect.

Kevin

Thats very odd with mags solving the problem.
All my flights start cold and dark even batteries off. But my jet starts ok. Mags shouldn't have anything to do with starting a jet. But you never know the inner workings of FSX, anything is possible :)
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Andy28 Andy28 wrote:

Hmm. I am ultra sensitive in the pitch but there is zero roll. It's annoying.
Make sure the hyds are fully pressurised and all electrics are powered before takeoff. Check for any illuminated central warning captions and press the electrics and hyd reset buttons as necessary.

It goes without saying that with the sim in its current state it's best to disable all failures.

Kevin
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by andyleigh andyleigh wrote:

Thats very odd with mags solving the problem.
All my flights start cold and dark even batteries off. But my jet starts ok. Mags shouldn't have anything to do with starting a jet. But you never know the inner workings of FSX, anything is possible :)
It depends what the panel state of your default flight is. The situation may be different in P3D too.

As for needing magnetos, of course the Hawk shouldn't need them. But I've got other jet addons that require mixture to be full rich to start the engines. Think of mixture as fuel valve open and the mags as ignition power, then it makes more sense. It depends how much default FSX modelling the addon includes. It would be a shame if they've done a lot of custom modelling but rely on underlying FSX parameters that can't be controlled in the Hawk cockpit.

Unfortunately this product is severely under tested. This kind of thing should have been caught in beta. JF will claim they may have a lot of testers, but there clearly is not enough variety of systems tested on. I can't see how anyone could have missed the pitch problems that are so evident (unless the testers assumed it's supposed to be like this).

Kevin
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 11:12pm
Kinda defies logic.

If my default flight has the mags and battery on, then its not "cold and dark."

Furthermore, the "cold and dark" Hawk switch should activate everything based on setting.

--WH
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 11:07am
Originally posted by WarHorse47 WarHorse47 wrote:

Kinda defies logic.

If my default flight has the mags and battery on, then its not "cold and dark."

Furthermore, the "cold and dark" Hawk switch should activate everything based on setting.

--WH

Try not to be too purist over this. As far as the Hawk sim is concerned having default aircraft ignition on is still cold and dark. It's just a parameter in the simulator. Hopefully JF will resolve this in a patch.

Kevin
Manxphoto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manxphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 11:47am
Just tried settng a startup scenario with the default P3D Maule.  Set the mags to on and mixture rich than changed to the Hawk.  Startup went as far as the 'two green lights' but no main engine lightup.  Moved the Saitek mag switch to 'off' - and the engine started up!  Great I thought, did a proper shutdown routine and saved the flight thinking that this has got it sorted.  Restarted P3D, selected the Hawk Scenario - and it just went as far as the two green lights with no main engine start-up. I tried the Saitek Mag trick but nothing this time.  I give up on this plane, there's something wrong in a major way with the start situation and I don't have the time to keep trying.  It's a shame because the one time I got it into the air I thought the flight dynamics were great.  I did manage to get the Saitek throttle to work by mapping it through FSUIPC.
Jon
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Andy28 Andy28 wrote:

Hmm. I am ultra sensitive in the pitch but there is zero roll. It's annoying.

Adjust your simulator realism settings to 50-70%
HotelZulu
gingerterry1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerterry1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 3:01pm
Hi, I am having a problem with the Saitek x55 throttle as it seems to have no effect and will not move. All the other buttons /switches work on it , and it works with all my other aircraft. have tried the drivers and even SPAD but no joy. anyone else having this problem?
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 4:31pm
I think the magneto switches are a red herring. After experimenting with my default flight (C172) I've found that switching on the Cessna battery is what enables the Hawk ignition system (for me at least). It doesn't matter where I put the mag switches as long as the battery is on.

As a result I changed my default flight so that everything is off except the battery. Now I can go straight from the Free Flight screen (Cessna spinning round) to loading the Hawk without loading the Cessna first.

Kevin
Andy28 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 4:34pm
Done the trick thanks.
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by kevinh kevinh wrote:

I think the magneto switches are a red herring. After experimenting with my default flight (C172) I've found that switching on the Cessna battery is what enables the Hawk ignition system (for me at least). It doesn't matter where I put the mag switches as long as the battery is on.

As a result I changed my default flight so that everything is off except the battery. Now I can go straight from the Free Flight screen (Cessna spinning round) to loading the Hawk without loading the Cessna first.
OR, you can create a keyboard short cut to turn on the battery.

--WH
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by WarHorse47 WarHorse47 wrote:

OR, you can create a keyboard short cut to turn on the battery.

--WH
Well yes you could, if you are looking for more switches to throw. Remember this is just switching an FSX logic state. The Hawk already has two battery switches and switching those off will make the Hawk as cold and dark as it can get.

Hopefully the forthcoming SP will make this step unnecessary anyway.

Kevin
otooleg@aol.com View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otooleg@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 8:18pm
Followed the start up procedure which works wonderfully - but control surfaces not working - great at flying in a straight line?

Any ideas?

otooleg@aol.com View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otooleg@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 8:50pm
Solved the problem by adusting the realism setting.......Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic