This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what happend to service pack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 10:56am
There is time. And there is time. It seems to me that service packs for existing aircrafts should have priority over new aircrafts in development. To have to wait so long for a DC8 service pack is a bit of a stretch. It simply leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.
tony
FV
NicholasSoares View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicholasSoares Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 3:22pm
Airplane Heaven is the developer of DC 8, I think we should all charge them and not Just Flight for lack of the update, they are always working on one project after another and their aircraft always come out with many bugs mainly due to lack of tests And polishing, I've talked and reported many bugs to just flight and it seems to me that there really is a great disregard of the developer.
Many of the bugs in less than 3 minutes i solved it alone, there is no excuse for that in years since launching anything has been done effectively to leave this beautiful aircraft in conditions of use.

Developer site link
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 3:41pm
Firstly, can I ask that you don't chase Aeroplane Heaven about these Service packs please?  We are the publisher, we are liaising with them to organise and get the packs ready and at the end of the day it's our responsibility. I understand your frustration but we are the ones who are responsible for getting the packs released, not AH.

Our apologies once again for the prolonged delay in getting the service packs for the DC-8's released.  The truth of the matter is that there are a combination of issues that have resulted in the delay and not all of them are issues we can cover in detail here.  Among other things, our parent company went into administration last year and we are still feeling the after-effects of that situation. We really wish getting the extra work done on the DC-8 could be finished much quicker; it's not our intention to delay things to this level and I'd hope we've demonstrated that with other products that we have more control over.

Much of the work that is going into the DC-8 service packs is also required in other products to varying degrees so that requires full-on testing before it can be used elsewhere.

Please rest assured it's not something we've forgotten about, we're eager to get the packs done and produced to a satisfactory standard for our paying customers.  I appreciate the bad taste it may leave and how you're currently left disappointed but we're now striving to make this a high priority task and we’re hoping to have them ready as early as we possibly can in 2017. 

Our apologies again and I thank you for your continued patience.

flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 8:47pm
You are indeed the voice of reason. I will speak for myself. In unusual circumstances, I think it's good business sense to communicate  a bit more regularly with your customers. Most are reasonable, and will understand. By communicating, I mean, to share more information than just " it's coming, be patient".
As you have done, I think this should be done on a regular basis. There's a big difference between total indifference and circumstances that sometimes cause delay.  Timely communication, however, takes a few minutes of your time, and it goes a long way.
tony
FV
sundowner View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 7:31am
Hi Flyforever you could not have stated it it more correctly!
Regards
sundowner
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by flyforever flyforever wrote:

You are indeed the voice of reason. I will speak for myself. In unusual circumstances, I think it's good business sense to communicate  a bit more regularly with your customers. Most are reasonable, and will understand. By communicating, I mean, to share more information than just " it's coming, be patient".
As you have done, I think this should be done on a regular basis. There's a big difference between total indifference and circumstances that sometimes cause delay.  Timely communication, however, takes a few minutes of your time, and it goes a long way.
tony

Flyforever - You're correct and trust me communicating with our customers and offering the best possible customer service is of the highest importance to us.  I doubt we'd have survived for over 20 years in this business without that ethos behind us.  We're as open and transparent as we can be via our usual customer service team, our social media channels and with any of our customers who come along and meet us at the various consumer shows we attend.

It's true we're not in the habit of expanding on reasons for delays within this forum as it's not really the place and we're really keen to keep support and general product questions to customer support rather than a public forum.  That's not us being elusive or trying to be clever it just really makes sense that way.  Our team have been replying in this thread and each time they have replied it's been our belief that the SP's were indeed imminent.  It's become clear over the past couple of weeks that's not quite the case currently due to several reasons hence the reason for elaborating slightly in the last reply.

It does have our immediate attention now and rest assured we'll post more news here as and when we have something substantial to report.  Ideally we can bring forward the deliver of the packs but that won't be done to the detriment of the content, we'll ensure it's up to the required standard before we release them.

Thanks again and I appreciate your understanding.
moters View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2016 at 9:25pm
I'm glad I started this post kinda wish something had been said sooner but response is better late then never. I do care if sp comes out but I'm not into simming as much as I used to be kinda got burned out on things hard to find a good va.
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2016 at 4:41pm
Thanks for the initial post and reply.

We were not been evasive earlier on as you'll see in this thread there have been several posts from Just Flight staff and at the time we had hoped the packs would be complete and released much earlier, alas that was not the case.

So hence you now have a bit more detail from us and we'll attempt to keep you updated as much as we can but rest assured we've not given up on the packs we'll ensure they do come out to enhance and improve your DC-8 experience as best we can.
Michel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 2:48am
This is the SERVICE PACK´s... For a while...

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30497&title=fmc-problem-reported-and-temporary-fix

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27073&title=patch-for-dc-8-series-10-to-40-and-50-to-70

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22555&title=autopilot-solvedaltitude-selector-optional-change

The customers effort to make this Jackfruit flyable...Wink
Michel Oliveira
VATSIM ID 1016100
Pilot 1908:15
ATC Controller 12:31
ATIS 1:20
Observer   27:15
Bob57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 7:23am
Almost the end of January, and still no service packs, it's there any news?

Bob
NicholasSoares View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicholasSoares Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 6:38am
No service pack so far, the developer Aeroplane Heaven continues to launch new products, if they will not update the DC 8 stop selling it, this is already consciously harming your customers and future buyers, the DC 8 50-70 is unusable without modifications, Just Flight offers the 757 for free which is infinitely better than the DC 8, there is no excuse for charging for something that works worse than the free ones, with respect or take out of purchase options or fix this.
moters View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 6:44am
Originally posted by NicholasSoares NicholasSoares wrote:

No service pack so far, the developer Aeroplane Heaven continues to launch new products, if they will not update the DC 8 stop selling it, this is already consciously harming your customers and future buyers, the DC 8 50-70 is unusable without modifications, Just Flight offers the 757 for free which is infinitely better than the DC 8, there is no excuse for charging for something that works worse than the free ones, with respect or take out of purchase options or fix this.
agree 100%
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 1:36pm
Hello Nicholas, thank you for your posting. Once more our sincere apologies for the delay in these service packs. I can assure you that they are certainly not being ignored or forgotten about and we are working to get them complete ASAP. As we did not develop the DC-8 software internally then we are dependent on the developers in completing that work. I will post back here as soon as I have news.  
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
sundowner View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 4:04pm
Scotty

Common man - show some dignity and get "real". You cannot launch products to clients and then use the excuse of the developers who does not have the competency! How much flack do Just Flight still want to take with their "lame" excuses for products that are not up to standard and which should not have been launched in the first place?. I presume you are the liaison person for Just Flight.
I think clients worldwide are entitled to  official explanations/rebates from the Just Flight licence holders for substandard products . To request for a rebate does not work.
Clients  are entitled upfront, of how you are conducting your business - over the last couple of years  to the detriment of the client . I am not going to list all the products with serious issues and the response from clients. You have it on record.
Sundowner.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 4:31pm
Sundowner I am not making excuses but citing reasons for the delay in the service pack. If we had access to the code then I am sure that these service packs would have been completed and issued earlier. We don't have access to the code and so we are dependent on our supplier to carry out that work and that is what we are pursuing.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Bob57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 5:55pm
Scotty, I own a business as well. If I had a supplier that refused to correct a defect in a product that I was selling to my clients. I would stop all new orders from that supplier until my clients have a workable product, and are satisfied. That is just basic business.
I asked for a full refund in November, and was assured by your staff that a service pack would be released in January 2017. So I kept my DC-8. Now it midway through February and just more excuses from Just flight. Look at this Forum posts, look at how many years this has been going on. What damage is this doing to Just Flights reputation? Are you not concerned about Just Flight's future?
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 9:33am
Bob, thank you for your posting. Yes I am concerned about our reputation and we are working hard to as regards that. The service packs are being worked on and I once more apologise for their delay, however if you do wish a refund then that is absolutely fine and not an issue. If you would like that then please email me at: alex@justflight.com Thank you. 
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Bob57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 4:42pm
Scotty thank you for the offer of a refund, I do appreciate it. The DC-8 was the first aircraft I ever flew in, took me from England to my new home country Canada. Therefore is a special aircraft to me. I was so excited when Just Flight released, and was quick to purchase it.
I would just like to see the aircraft reach it's full potential, please employ Aircraft Heaven to release the service pack, as promised.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 4:54pm
Thank you for your loyalty Bob. It's much appreciated. I can see that you are a DC-8 fan. I apologise once more for the delay, we are actively working on making the service packs to be available as soon as we are able to. It would please more than anything for the DC-8 to satisfy you and our other customers.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic