This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Installing Air Hauler 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sircaptgordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installing Air Hauler 2
    Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 8:44pm
I fix'n to make the plunge with AH2 and spoiled by Steam.

I have Air Hauler and last played on Windows 7. I now have Windows 10 and have not played AH since installing. My main game is FSX 10 along with add ons like Traffic/GEX, etc.. I have an i7 w/GTX770 graphics.

Update: Or to make it easier, Is the download for current owners an add-on. Or do I need to delete my old game first w/files? I can figure out the rest, I think .. ha

What's my installing 1, 2's & 3's I'm going to need to know?
Do I need to download a new version of that FUSIXYZ whatever is was.
And maybe what I need to look for I'm not going to expect, bug maybe?
(For now, I'm just going to use the default planes.)

thanks for the advice
g

Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 10:01am
Don't install into program files.
Make sure you have simconnect and fsuipc installed.
You can also import your AH1 company. But if you want to import your planes. Set up a dummy company, set up your add-on planes, start a new save and import your AH1 company.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 3:15pm
FSUIPC isn't used by AH2.

Just run the installer as usual.  AH2 is a totally separate program from AH1.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
sircaptgordo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sircaptgordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

FSUIPC isn't used by AH2.

Just run the installer as usual.  AH2 is a totally separate program from AH1.

Thanks, I don't really have a Company I care about in AH 1. So I'll just delete AH 1 and it's save files. And install AH 2.

What's the deal with Flyer10 saying not to install in program files?

thanks guys
g
sircaptgordo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sircaptgordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 7:16pm
Went great.

Deleted AH1 and downloaded AH2. Opened right up, made a company and then bought a factory. (Even though I have no idea what will happen now that I own a factory.)

Took a moment to look over the new UI somewhat. Booked a cargo job and off I went. Everything went smooth with no pain.

Good Job
g
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 9:58am
I wasnt if fsuipc was used or not but it's almost sure to be used by something else, an add-on plane, weather engine etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic