This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AH newbee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AH newbee
    Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 3:13am
Hello Guys, I'm thinking of purchased AH2. I'm only flying General planes juch as the A2A T6,commanche,cherokee,C182 and RealAir Lancair. Would I be able to use these planes with this program to do charter or pleasure flights and maybe some light cargo with the commanche? Will I be able to use realtime weather using active sky next? Will there be any compatibility issues with any Orbx airports and scenery?

Many thanks
_lee
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 8:09pm
Yes to everything but the scenery import is not active yet but will be soon. So you may be placed in the wrong place at add-on airports.
Smaller planes are better for cargo than pax but that shouldn't be a problem if you don't want to work your way up to jets.
captain744 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 12:52am
Thanks for the reply. Ah2 sounds really exciting, it may be the programme iv been after. I think it will give me a good sense of purpose when flying from one location to the next.
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 5:51pm
Not just a sense of purpose but also making sure you fly smoothly and correctly. The cargo is more tolerant than the pax.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 2:02am
lol indeed!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 2:19am
one more question. if I start on career mode I get a c172, if I have the 3rd party A2A C172 could I use that instead? will I also be able to use ACN weather?
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 9:44am
You will have a fixed amount of cash so can buy whatever add-on aircraft under than price.
You can use any weather.
bikerjoe83 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerjoe83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 11:44pm
I already have AH2 Early Access and only fly small GA aircraft too. You can fly passengers with any aircraft, but it's not very profitable for the smallest at the moment. You can't fly pleasure flights as such, not for business purposes anyway. I believe there's a feature being added in the future to offer 'missions', which may include putting smaller GA aircraft to good use. There's also a feature called Humanitarian Missions which I'm not sure if it's active yet or not, or if I need to have a higher reputation, but I'm excited to find out what it entails.

Starting modes are more or less the same as AH1. I've chosen Career Mode - default Cessna 172, $100k and 20% reputation. One thing that's different from the start, which may or may not change for the full release, is that you don't have to 'pay' for your opening base. I chose one costing $250k and it let me have it (possibly a bug?, hope not). You can't buy or lease until you have 40% reputation - so you can't have your A2A C172 to start Career Mode.

I also use Active Sky Next for the weather, have ORBX scenery and REX Essential Plus for the weather textures (not sure if they're overwritten by ASN or not...), but they all work with AH2. For me, having ORBX Global & airports together with Active Sky caused a big drop in frame rates. I got rid of ORBX because I love ASN. Nothing's clashed with AH2 though.

If you were at all interested in AH1 you should just get AH2 asap. There are almost daily updates fixing bugs, the man Slopey is plainly listening to players and is active in the Early Access forum. The new version is great so far and it can only get better!
Phil T View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 5:34pm
It also depends on what sim you have, I use P3D and it doesn't have the C172 so your starting plane is a Bonanza, so you could easily afford the A2A 172 with it.

TruckerPaul54 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruckerPaul54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 11:55am
Originally posted by bikerjoe83 bikerjoe83 wrote:

I already have AH2 Early Access and only fly small GA aircraft too. You can fly passengers with any aircraft, but it's not very profitable for the smallest at the moment. You can't fly pleasure flights as such, not for business purposes anyway. I believe there's a feature being added in the future to offer 'missions', which may include putting smaller GA aircraft to good use. There's also a feature called Humanitarian Missions which I'm not sure if it's active yet or not, or if I need to have a higher reputation, but I'm excited to find out what it entails.

Starting modes are more or less the same as AH1. I've chosen Career Mode - default Cessna 172, $100k and 20% reputation. One thing that's different from the start, which may or may not change for the full release, is that you don't have to 'pay' for your opening base. I chose one costing $250k and it let me have it (possibly a bug?, hope not). You can't buy or lease until you have 40% reputation - so you can't have your A2A C172 to start Career Mode.

I also use Active Sky Next for the weather, have ORBX scenery and REX Essential Plus for the weather textures (not sure if they're overwritten by ASN or not...), but they all work with AH2. For me, having ORBX Global & airports together with Active Sky caused a big drop in frame rates. I got rid of ORBX because I love ASN. Nothing's clashed with AH2 though.

If you were at all interested in AH1 you should just get AH2 asap. There are almost daily updates fixing bugs, the man Slopey is plainly listening to players and is active in the Early Access forum. The new version is great so far and it can only get better!

hi  biker joe, i also have ASN and orbx and they run ok for me well i think so ? i do have a good computer i was told. self build i run a nvidia 960gtx but i have a problem where i run a flight and then exit fsx when ive finished, when i try to  do the next flight im ok until fsx has to start up it starts to load up but when it reaches 100% it doesnt swop over to the fsx ? spent all day yesterday trying to solve the problem to no avail. lol. im on laptop at work atm i have just copied the fsx.config file and sent it to my email address i will try that tonight, do you rate ASN i also have REX 4 which looks cool but seems to conflict all the time maybe is my config file in fsx that messing things all up patience i guess.
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 8:20am
just a quick one for you, I have REX4 TD and I also use ASN, they work really well together...do you close FSX down completely between flights?
Phil T View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 3:57pm
I always shut down the flight sim between flights that way AH doesn't fight an already open sim, part of it is starting your sim.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 8:23pm
[QUOTE=TruckerPaul54]il fsx has to start up it starts to load up but when it reaches 100% it doesnt swop over to the fsx ? spent all day yesterday trying to solve the problem to no avail. lol. 
[/QUOTE]

Known issue with FSX for many years.  Alt-tab to it, then press Alt-Return twice, then WAIT.  It'll pop back up eventually.  Been like that since Windows 7 and is not related to AH.

FSX:SE doesn't have this issue btw and is far more stable.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic