This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AH2 Flying Test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruckerPaul54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AH2 Flying Test
    Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 10:01am
hi guys need some help here, having problems doing this test. no matter what i try the landing result fails i pass everything else. i have even landed it using the auto pilot and then slowing everything down and then switching auto pilot off when i touchdown, still fails me. not funny anymore im flying a 737 imported as the default one is not responsive enough. can i by pass this test thing i just wanna fly the plane regards
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 10:09am
I'm not 100% sure but maybe using the autopilot invalidates the test?
I asked slopey to remove the autopilot from the test as it's obviously not the point of it.

What was your landing like? It has to be OK or better IIRC. Also did it come up with a message at the end?

TruckerPaul54 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruckerPaul54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 10:31am
said landing was hard moderate damage i traded in the original plane leased this one @ 4 mill and 1.3m per month and the 3 landings i have made cost me 2-3 mill each time i land with the damage lol i'll be out of business soon lol.
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 10:54am
That's it, it has to be OK or better, you'll have to flare properly and get it to less than 300-400fpm.

Moderate damage sounds like you are flying into the ground without a flare, the default 737 has no autoland. Also insurance will be coming soon to lessen your losses.

Start with smaller planes and work your way up to the tubeliners, it's more fun that way too.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by TruckerPaul54 TruckerPaul54 wrote:

hi guys need some help here, having problems doing this test. no matter what i try the landing result fails i pass everything else. i have even landed it using the auto pilot and then slowing everything down and then switching auto pilot off when i touchdown, still fails me. not funny anymore im flying a 737 imported as the default one is not responsive enough. can i by pass this test thing i just wanna fly the plane regards

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you likely just need to get better at landings.

If you've not used any flight monitoring software in FS before, there's been nothing to stop you slamming aircraft into the runway at 800fpm.  FS won't complain, and you won't necessarily know that you're doing anything wrong.  Although if you had done it in the real world, you would likely have burst a few tyres if not severely damaged the aircraft.

Again - that's not your fault - if you don't fly in the real world, you'll simply not be aware of it.

As a reference aircraft try the C172 in AH2.  Get 3nm off the runway threshold at 1500ft, get full flaps in, and keep the speed around 60 knots and hand fly it down to the threshold.  Once you're over the runway and at 20-30 ft (use the GPWS to tell you), pull the power back and shift your focus to the end of the runway and flare, keeping the nose up.  Hold the nose off until you gently touch down.  You should be aiming to NOT land for as long as possible but maintain speed/attitude.  Now check and see what your touchdown VSI was.  That's what you're aiming for with the heavy metal.

The fpm criteria are relaxed for large airlines, so if you're still landing hard with those, you've got too much vertical descent at touchdown - more flap, ensure you're flying the appropriate speeds, and keep that flare going.

Note that I'm not trying to criticise, just pointing out that until now you've had nothing to point out how soft/hard landings have been and it may take a little while to refine your technique.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
TruckerPaul54 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruckerPaul54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 5:12pm
hey slopey no offence taken im all ears here i managed to land the thing now,slight little cheat, but all tips welcomed. program looks great. are you the same slopey from elite ?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by TruckerPaul54 TruckerPaul54 wrote:

are you the same slopey from elite ?

Yep - that's me :)
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic