This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saving long haul flights?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNguitar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saving long haul flights?
    Posted: 09 May 2016 at 7:33pm
sometime in the near future I will have enough money to fork out 25 million or so down to lease a 747.  Now, I know that you can fly an aircraft a long way and land at various places for fuel and save your flight plan and come back to it later.

What do you long haul folks do when you have an 8 hour flight and can't sit at the computer that long?  I know many refuse to sim at a higher rate and also wouldn't want to save it.  I have read some just do chores and other things and let the AP fly the plane.  That may be fine for me on occasion, but most of the time I would rather just fly an hour or two and be able to save and come back later or the next day and fly a couple more hours. 

On some of my longer prop flights over Alaska I do use fast sim rate, usually X2 and X4 sometimes, but X8 is just too fast and looks like a film being fast forwarded.  If I could actually save the flight I could still actually spend the hours flying, I would just be splitting them up and that's what I would really like to do. I look forward to someday making flights from Anchorage to Japan or something, but I would like to know how you guys handle these type flights.
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 10:15am
I use up to x16 in cruise if I'm VFR or using proatc. X4 in climb and descent once I've cleaned up/until I turn to the runway.
Anything more than x4 with the default ATC results in intense nagging.

I don't know why people leave their computer on overnight while they sleep when x16 results in not wasting lots of electricity. Maybe it's an OCD thing.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 4:13pm
AH1 includes the facility to save a flight in progress, on the proviso that AH shuts down immediately afterwards, and when you restart, you go straight back into flying that flight.

Note for complex aircraft this can have a varying degree of success, but it *should* work.

Also note, that regardless, the real world clock is ticking, even if you're not flying (i.e. for job expiry).
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic