This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Log Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbcans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight Log Error
    Posted: 03 May 2016 at 8:30am
G'day Guys,
After completing a flight and off loading the cargo, normally you get a screen with the flight log spreadsheet on the left side and the clip board with the consolidated details of the completed flight on the right,  In my case, I don't get the clipboard but an error message "an error occurred retrieving the flight log".
I have to admit that the problem has shown up ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 AND to FSX:Steam.
I'm guessing that the problem is something to do with my path to the flight log. 
It is currently F:\AirHauler\report.htm  (FSX:Steam is on the same  F directory.)
Thank you in anticipation of a satisfactory outcome. Big smile
John C, Crib Point, Victoria, AUSTRALIA
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 12:13pm
I think you need to correct the path in AH options. This would occur if AH was moved or the drive letter changed.
mbcans View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbcans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 3:46am
Thanks for your comment Flyer 10. 
In the first instance, AH was not reloaded nor placed in a new directory.  It has always been in my "F" Disk.  The only change I made was to point AH to fsx.exe
ie:-
F:\Air Hauler
F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

The path to the flight log is F:\Airhauler\report.htm   This path I think was generated by the program.
This path is clearly wrong because it opens the file CRep.htm which is the error message. 
So, what file should the flight log path be pointed to? 

Cheers,
John C
Crib Point, Victoria, AUSTRALIA
John C
Crib Point, Victoria, Australia
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 9:44am
That looks OK so the only thing I can think of is an error like a space at the start or end of the report line.

My line also has AirHauler instead of Airhauler but I don't know if that makes a difference but I'd double check that too.
Also open up the report.htm to see if it got corrupted.
mbcans View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbcans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 9:54pm
G'day again Flyer10.
Tried Airhauler/AirHauler,  did nothing as you expected.
Opening report.htm brought up the clip board with the relevant headings but NOT the details of the flight.  If that means the file is corrupted, then how do I get a new one?
Cheers
John C
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:40am
I'd reinstall, make a copy of your company in case anything goes wrong, then do a full reinstall.
If that doesn't work, install to a different folder.

mbcans View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbcans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 3:32am
G'day Flyer10
I uninstalled AH from F:\ disk and reinstalled it on C:\
Same error exists.  This is no big deal but it would nice to get a flight summary on the clipboard.
I can wait for the next version to get this feature backWink
Cheers
John C
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 9:46am
Maybe it's something in your save file then. Have you tried creating a new save and then doing a test flight and see if it works?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic