This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

737 used 4000 gph on flight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNguitar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 737 used 4000 gph on flight
    Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 4:33am
Man oh man I hope the new AH2 will not that that annoying fuel/load thing that makes people want to go in and toy with fuel capacity, empty weights and stuff just to try and get by the limitations because the AI pilots have to carry a full load of fuel cutting the cargo way down.  This problem has been the worst experience of AH1.  I love the game and have been playing it for a long time, but this has caused me more misery than any other aspect of this great game.

I can't count how many times I have ran out of fuel on a flight and crashed, ruining my rep and costing me many thousands of dollars.  Of course, I know it is because I get in to the config file before I import and lower the empty weight, guessing on the weight of seats removed.  But then I fool with the fuel loads, cutting them down some, not to half but just some, then import and start guessing at where I should put the range setting because I want shorter jobs and also because I have set the fuel loads lower and I first divide the cruise speed by the range I set lower, then divide the number of gallons by the other number, and many times it causes such misery and I get so tired of it.  I just hope very much things will change in AH2. 

Many times I cannot find a gph number for the aircraft I use.  And even if I could I would be afraid to use that number after changing fuel capacity. 

And some planes show a cruise speed in what must be true AS and others show indicated air speed.  Some show 475 knts, while others show an indicates of like 270, so that is obviously messing me up when I start using that number to divide by.  Do you guys change the TAS numbers ti IAS numbers before you figure the number out you need to divide gallons of fuel by?

I just got done with a flight from PAFA (Fairbanks) to PANC (Anchorage) and it roughly 225 nm, and my 737 is set at 700 gph I believe, yet when I touched down it said I had used like 4000 and some odd gallons of fuel, and it said over 4000 gph used.  I took off with just over 5,000 gallons and touched down with 700 gallons left, on a 225 nm flight.  Uhg.  Now, I was at only 10,000 feet, so I know I will use a lot more fuel at that height.  I didn't run out, but I did the other day with a crj700 that caused me all kinds of misery when I crashed, and it's happened many times in the past.  Anyway, I hope AH 2 will somehow bypass all this stuff and just allow us to put in the weight in cargo and let it handle everything for the AI pilots.
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 12:07pm
It uses about 800gph at 37000 feet. That will be over 1000gph at 10000 feet. You should always have an hour's fuel on landing too.

Are you sure youre not loading the fuel in lbs? 5000lbs would see you run out of fuel.

The cruise speed is in TAS.

TNguitar View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNguitar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Flyer10 Flyer10 wrote:

It uses about 800gph at 37000 feet. That will be over 1000gph at 10000 feet. You should always have an hour's fuel on landing too.

Are you sure youre not loading the fuel in lbs? 5000lbs would see you run out of fuel.

The cruise speed is in TAS.

Yeah, I look at the estimates nm slider when loading fuel.  I had a 225nm flight and put enough in to go like, 1,600 nm.  6 or 7 times the miles needed.  Actually, that may be the problem because the estimated miles may be all out of whack because of messing with the fuel and cruise speeds and such.  Next time I will pay attention to the gallons number only and load by that and see if it makes a difference, but the flight screen after unloading clearly said I took off with 5000 gallons and touched down with 700 left and said over 4,000 gallons used per hour.
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 11:27am
Something is messed up in the config, ID go back to the standard aircraft and just take out 1/3rd fuel and leave the weights alone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic