This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cosford 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiskylima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 12:08pm
I will be there with the Sherburn Flight Simulator Group. Looking forward to another excellent day. Phil Ogden.
Christopher Low View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 2:09pm
I will add your name to my list, Phil Thumbs Up
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 11:41am
Hi guys,
Here's the floorplan for the show next week (ahh is it really next week??).

P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 1:55pm
Thanks, Rich. Only five working days to go after today!
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 8:46pm
Congratulations on selling all of the advance tickets, guys. It looks like we are all set for another great flightsim show. See you there on Saturday! Thumbs Up
BillC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 7:36am
Hi Christopher...

I see from the floor plan that Ray's Concorde setup is under the Comet's Starboard wing...and if I recall correctly he is 6'7 tall....

Hope he doesn't damage that British icon....LOL

See you all there Saturday

Regards
Bill

BillC
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW
stewart1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewart1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 9:25am
not long to go now looking forward to flightsim 2016 this is the 4 year I have been to cosford for the show and still looking forward ,
se you Friday night Chris regards stewart
sdb
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 9:47am
Looking forward to meeting Steve and your good self, Stewart. Kevin is still intending to try and get there, so I will keep you updated if I can.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 9:30am
Just a quick message to say thank you to the Just Flight team for another enjoyable day at Cosford. It was great to talk to you guys again, and I appreciate the time and effort you put in to make it happen Thumbs Up Thanks also to Stewart (and Steve) for a really enjoyable conversation over our evening meal on Friday night!
BillC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Christopher Low Christopher Low wrote:

Just a quick message to say thank you to the Just Flight team for another enjoyable day at Cosford. It was great to talk to you guys again, and I appreciate the time and effort you put in to make it happen Thumbs Up

Hi Chris..
I'll second that.

I can only appreciate the effort in organisation for such an event. Must be hard work.Clap
I really enjoyed it.

Sorry I didn't meet you.

There's a business op for somebody - sell a large name badge at the door, with a crayon. Make it mandatory to scrawl your handle on it - in large letters ! I must have spoken to dozens, but the noise level was a little too much for talking. So didn't get many names. Met 'Dougal', and a few RW fliers.

As soon as I got in I headed for the JF stand. I was lucky enough to have a few minutes with Mark re the T1. Rich was busy, but managed to say hello. There was no chance later - the crowds were keeping them busy. Hope they had a good day also.

Spent some time with Ray on his Concorde setup. Didn't see Andrew Wilson, though. I wanted a chat...Pity FSL weren't there.

Regards
Bill

BillC
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 1:16pm
You did meet me, Bill. I was the person who wandered over early to see Ray flying his Concorde Smile
BillC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 2:04pm

You did meet me, Bill. I was the person who wandered over early to see Ray flying his Concorde Confused

Ha !

You are correct, of course. I was up in the clouds ...Ouch
As I've mentioned, we should have our names/avsim/JF forum handles printed our foreheads Confused

I met so many simmers there, had so many chats re simming....I get confused.
I even met someone who had my EGOW scenery.

I gave two simmers a lift near the Cosford crash gate (the one on the sharp right hander) on my 'Approach' at 0830. One chap had come all the way from Mumbai - I thought I was keen, but heck.

Anyway, it saved them a longish walk. I dunno who our Asian friend was - but he insisted that FSL are going to release the P3d A320 soon...I wonder.

When I pressed him about where he got his info from, he declined to answer...

I took a few pics after I left you. My goodness, the number of cars there. At £4 a time, the RAF could afford to bring the Harriers back into service....

Looking forward to 2017...

Regards
Bill

BillC
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 2:33pm
I was listening to Andrew Wilson talking to Ray and a few others later in the day, and I am pretty sure that I heard him say that the P3D version of the FSL Airbus A320 is still a few weeks off yet.
BillC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 6:59am

I was listening to Andrew Wilson talking to Ray and a few others later in the day, and I am pretty sure that I heard him say that the P3D version of the FSL Airbus A320 is still a few weeks off yet.

Thanks, Christopher.

Yes, that's what I understand from the forums. I want it NOW.

I did wish to chat with Andrew, sorry I missed him. I wanted to ask re two items that I have a problem with on their A320-X, Win 7's default text size being mandatory (I use 'Medium' with my Dell 30") when using this aircraft, and I'd like to see a flight plan 'text input' possible. (I use FS Commander, which gives you two options - text using Ctrl/C or a FP output to a compatible FMC).

Regards
Bill
BillC
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW
sleightflight View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleightflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 8:11pm
I'm kicking myself for not picking up the chipmunk at the show sale price.
I had a flight on one of the shows setups after visiting the just flight stand and after leaving wished I'd gone back over and got it.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleightflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 8:21pm
I also had an enjoyable time at the show, it was very busy with people.
I somehow missed the concorde set up though, it must of been buried by on lookers.
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by sleightflight sleightflight wrote:

I'm kicking myself for not picking up the chipmunk at the show sale price.
I had a flight on one of the shows setups after visiting the just flight stand and after leaving wished I'd gone back over and got it.

Email me at scott@justflight.com and I'll see what I can do for you..
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleightflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:50pm
Hi Scott,
E mail sent, thanks.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleightflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:53pm
Hi Scott,
E mail sent, thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic